High Tech class

GNZero

Got this email regarding the Pro Import race on Feb. 2. Is anyone going to race? I might go down to spectate if someone is running.

Greg

Hi,

I want to get in touch with the group that occasionally goes down to Hawaii Raceway. If you guys haven't heard, High Tech is running in the Pro Import races. There is one coming up this February 2. The High Tech headsup class will pay out $1000 to the winner. I know that there's a couple to turbo Buicks that can contend for that money. Anyway, if you know there guys, could you ask the ring leader to email me. Thanks.

Aloha, Ernie Lum
Hawaii Ford Performance Club

Who is our ring leader?

Les, Paul, Dean, Geoff, Jackson, KENNE-BILL, Tom, Derek, Derrick:confused: How much is the entry fee? The prize money is not to shabby;)

Gee, I wish

I would LOVE to go to this. I got the motor running GREAT, but unfortunately, the tranny is TOAST! Pretty much NO reverse and very, VERY bad shifts. Bruce from Performance tranny just sent out my new tranny TODAY!!! :) :D :p :p :p :p *and MORE GLEE* A full race prepped 200R4 with the bat brake. If anyone needs tranny parts, service, or advise check out the tranny section of this board. Bruce is one HELL of a standup guy. I only wish every business out there had 1/8th of the concern for the customer as he does. I think he was more excited about my tranny after he tested it than I am (YET :))... But, I plan on pulling my crap tranny out of the car over the next week when I feel up to it, and as soon as the new tranny comes in, I'll have it in in a couple hours and BACK ON THE ROAD and I :p :p !!! But I've been quiet for a while as the car has sat motionless in the garage, but my track days are about to start again soon. I really REALLY REALLY want those 10's SOON......

Derrick

entry fee is 40 dollars and i think you get a shirt with it but dont quote me on the shirt

February 2nd Pro Import race

Fugly is right. Runcard for the Pro Import races this year will be $40. And you do get a t-shirt for your entry fee. We would like to see a lot of the neat turbo Buicks run in the race to show the crowd how fast these little V6's in a full body can run. The faster cars will definately be competitive in the High Tech headsup class. The slower cars can enter directly into the Bracket class. At this time, the Bracket racers will be mixed with the imports. If we can get enough High Tech Bracket racers out regularly, the promoter will consider creating more Bracket classes. Hey fugly, your car sounds nasty. It should do well in the headsup class. Get it out there. Or are you a bench racer??? OK, Buicks, hope to see you guys out there to knockoff our horses. We'll definately be out there and waiting. Happy racing.

my wifes car is down for the count...hope to get it going soon as we're saving money for parts....lets see what i need to buy...heads, intake, not to mention a c4 trans...and new blower brackets....new dampener...linelock...and manual rack ....oh yah...injectors and mass air....anyone wanna lend me their credit card? hehehehe...or any stock advice....gonna invest in stocks since im playing the waiting game to make me more mula than the banks interest rates...hope to get it running by idrc or i guess next yr.

if there isnt the numbers during race day...ill be glad to support the races by entering my other slow stang...

I think the best thing for you is to pull that motor and pop in a 87 "BUICK" turbo intercooled motor! :D

you know that isnt a bad idea....is that a hint youll lend me your motor....i have the trans and motor out already :D

and its legal up till 9.99 ...does the mustang weigh less than a t-type or GN? i think a mustang is about 3200-3400lbs not too sure on the exact weight....

i encourage you all to come out...even if your not the fastest or have any chance of winning to just come out to support the class and future of efi racing....

You hit the nail right on the head, Fugly. It's great to win, but it's also fun to participate. The addrenaline rush, the comraderie, the fun of racing and showing your car off to racers and spectators. And who says that the fastest car always wins. We race enough to know that anything can happen on any run. The slowest qualifier could go home with the money. We, the racers, need to do our part to support the efforts and investments of the promoter and sponsors of these events. If not, then we risk it going away and not having anything for us in the future. So, as car nuts and racing addicts, let's get out there and do OUR part. Aloha.

Originally posted by pcpony
It's great to win, but it's also fun to participate. The addrenaline rush, the comraderie, the fun of racing and showing your car off to racers and spectators. And who says that the fastest car always wins. We race enough to know that anything can happen on any run. The slowest qualifier could go home with the money. We, the racers, need to do our part to support the efforts and investments of the promoter and sponsors of these events. If not, then we risk it going away and not having anything for us in the future. So, as car nuts and racing addicts, let's get out there and do OUR part. Aloha.

Ok, we need participants! Guy? Mick? Derick? Gerg? Clinton? Les? Paul? Dean? Joe? Who else?

As I said I really, REALLY want to, but I don't expect the tranny to be here in time for me to get it in and running good. I'm pulling the old tranny today, but time is just against me. :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

Derrick

Anyone Going???

Well, I just got my crap tranny out of the car and waiting for my new tranny and converter from Performance trans now. It won't be here for a couple weeks (one of the many perks of living in Hawaii), but I think I may go and spectate this Saturday. Is it still $6 for admission??? Anyone else going? I don't really want to be the ONLY TR guy there although I'll have the mini-van vice the GN. I just want to go and see what kind of chances I would have if the car was running (much like the fastest streetcar competition), and maybe SOMEday I'll get my money pit on the road long enough to actually get it to the track. My slicks are getting cobwebs on them. :(

Anyone else going?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :confused: :confused:

Derrick

CRAP...cant race...saving whats left on the tranny. sloppy 1st to 2nd shifts and this wierd thing with the tranny that too hard to explain...you'd have to ride in the car to experience it. Crap...I fix one part...another breaks!...well...beginning to. I'll be there to watch...my brother's going to race his integra though.

yo derrick...how much was the tranny from bruce? I'm about to inquire with them if they have something for 84/85 TRs. Crap my TR is just as bad as my girlfriend taking my money.

Chris

Chris,
The tranny is the top of the line for him. Says it will hold up in a 9 sec car. With the bat brake, hardened input shaft, deep pan, and built throughout, it comes to $3100 (including a $600 core charge which I'll have to suck up since I through my old BRF core in the dumpster and all I have is this FAKE Art Carr CRAP tranny which isn't worth anything). So, $2500 for a tranny that I feel I can NOT break with a brake in it and the BEST service from a vendor I've ever seen or heard of (and as seen by my signature, I've dealt with a few vendors). Bruce wouldn't even let me pay full price for the shipping out here. He pulled some strings and got me a deal on shipping.

For everyone, if I go Saturday, Me and the fiancee (who is a "pregnoid") will have our GN jackets on and I'll talk to whoever has a GN/T-type in the pits. I REALLY wish the car was going. :(

Derrick

2 days and counting for the Pro Import Series race. Sounds like some of your cars are ailing, but I hope that won't discourage the rest of you from racing. We really need the support of all racers.

DEAL OF THE YEAR!!!! Got word from Jason Skaggs, promoter for the Pro Import Series, that he is offering a FREE runcard for the April 6th Pro Import race to any High Tech car/racer that runs in the March Fastest Streetcar Shootout. That's basicly 2 races for the price of 1. Please spread the word on this to all your friends. If you have any questions, email me at elum@mindwind.com.

Aloha, Ernie.

Most likely me and Guy will be racing on Saturday night, but the problem is we did not change to a longer stud? Will this be a problem, at the last Shoot-out the let us pass without the longer studs?

I'll do what I can to have the stud issue overlooked. But you should have that taken care of asap. Also, what you can do is go thru the tech line with your street tires and change after. But I'll talk with them before hand. See ya there.

hey ernie,
dont forget to pack dar's cat back system to the shootout......thanks...danny