You can type here any text you want

Holley Dominator - Height Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
Speaking about height sensors used to control wheelies, would you choose one that reports back to the ECU in mm/inches, or would you use one that reports back as an on/off switch? I have one that can only be programmed as a switch. Any thoughts before I install it?

I am no expert and don't have to worry about wheelies in my car but I would think the inches/mm would be better for logging and being able to smoothly pull and bring back timing vs just an on/off.

Correct the wheelie issue.
If it's going up, it's not going forward.

Tell that to the guys who already have a great working chassis, but still pull the wheels up. ;) Maybe they use them as a bandid, I don't know. Or they use them as another method of fine-tuning weight transfer vs track conditions vs engine power to get the most acceleration while not pulling the wheels off the ground. I certainly won't be doing any massive wheel stands at my miniscule power level. But, if it happens to do it, it will be used as a safety system to keep the wheels on the ground.

Tell that to the guys who already have a great working chassis,
NP.
Once the wheels clear the strip, the max wt transfer is achieved.

I am no expert and don't have to worry about wheelies in my car but I would think the inches/mm would be better for logging and being able to smoothly pull and bring back timing vs just an on/off.
I am thinking the same thing now. With a linear measurement, I could smoothly ramp the timing down as the wheel gets higher in the air. That would keep the engines power up enough for maximum acceleration without the car pulling the wheels too far in the air. Plus, you could keep your foot on the floor the whole time. The switched on/off sensor could only be used with a fixed amount of timing and could possibly cause the car to bounce as it's trying to correct itself. All this is assuming the car has perfect traction.

Back