You can type here any text you want

Holy Cr@p! Dropped 2 seconds!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Well, maybe, it feels like I went from mid 13's to mid 11's... All I can say is the new (to me) PI Vig 3400 stall is gonna make me have to completely relearn my driving style! :eek:

This is *supposedly* too much converter (#6 pump) for my combo, but it is even more tractable at low speeds and dead starts than the orange stripe it replaced. Old "orange" took half a pedal to get rolling in normal driving, while the vig rolls effortlessly. I can't wait to see what this does to my 2.4 60 ft times! :D

They make a nice converter. :)

I really like my 0 pump 3000 stall and the PTE51 on the GN.

Well the G-tech tells no lie. My first driving attempt dropped 0.8 secs with ease (felt like more, though).

Before with 3000 stall orange stripe and 18# boost:
  • 60' = 2.607s
  • 330' = 6.088s
  • 1/8m = 8.849s @ 89.04mph
  • 1000' = 11.280s
  • 1/4m = 13.325s @ 111.36mph
  • 0-60 = 5.481s

With Precision 3400 Vigilante and 16.5# boost:
  • 60' = 2.052s
  • 330' = 5.329s
  • 1/8m = 8.093s @ 90.74mph
  • 1000' = 10.493s
  • 1/4m = 12.570s @ 106.33mph
  • 0-60 = 4.389s

Now that I can blow the tires off, I'll need more practice! :D

Hehe,

My son (150 lbs) dropped the tire pressure to 15#, took it out this morning, and got a 12.17 @ 115.6! :cool: Not bad for 18 PSI on pump gas. Guess my lard-@ss needs to drop a few pounsd too... :(

I think you've learned what a lot of people eventually learn the hard way. :(

Stall speed doesn't mean much when it's through a sloppy inefficient converter.
The Vigy's fortunately are incredibly efficient, even with the high stall.
End result: even a 6 pump feels great on the street.

i hate to change the subject, and that is awsome that the vig converter changed your performance so much, i cant wait to see what mine does; but i have a question. in you sig it says 96 s10, but the pics on your site show an older body style. whats up with that?.

-jeff

Originally posted by iamjeff
i hate to change the subject, and that is awsome that the vig converter changed your performance so much, i cant wait to see what mine does; but i have a question. in you sig it says 96 s10, but the pics on your site show an older body style. whats up with that?.

-jeff

Jeff,

AFAIK, the '94 - '97 is only different from the '98+ by the front grille and other real minor details. OH, maybe you are confusing my truck with the pix in the two zipfiles of my friend Eric's older red '88. I posted those zips for someone awhile back and didn't bother removing them. Mine's the white one! :)

yeah, the only one i can find on that site is the older red one. for some reason when i click on the link to read about your truck it says "file not found." any ideas y that is. i have seen pics of it before. my brother has an old body style blazer with a TPI 350 in it, but it doesnt go anywhere near that fast.

-jeff

Which PI conv with the multiple disks did you get? If you got any with the multiple lock up disks how does it feel driving around town when it locks?

Jeff: 0-Catch is a free server with limited bandwidth, so maybe it's been over usage whenever you tried it. Here's a direct link.

Quick6: Mine is a single disc unit that feels like stock on lockup. I have NOT locked it under boost (yet). PI's web site states that their single disc units have 3x's the clutch surface of a stock 12" converter because of the front cover design.

Ted: :cool: :D :D :cool:

Back