You can type here any text you want

Hood Pad Protection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigballsbilly

Just got a new hood pad for my 87. My old hood pad was pretty trashed in the area just above the turbo. Is there anything I can do to protect the new hood pad? Or is it inevitable that the same thing will happen with the new one?

Where did you get the hood pad? Do they have more? How's the quality? Any pics?

Just got a new hood pad for my 87. My old hood pad was pretty trashed in the area just above the turbo. Is there anything I can do to protect the new hood pad? Or is it inevitable that the same thing will happen with the new one?

Be sure to install a turbo heat shield!

Its a Kirban 8 hole that was never used and I bought from a member here.

I do have a stock turbo heat shield.

Didnt he sell out of them?

Also, is the stock turboo shield enuf to protect the pad? If so.... then why are so many damaged? Did everyone remove the shield back in the day?

I wonder however much room is between the shield and the pad. I wonder if another piece of steel could be welded to the top of the stock shield with and air gap of an inch or two.

Not sure where your hood pad is being damaged. Most of the damage on my car(s) is caused by the up pipe blowing off the throttle body and/or the clamps being positioned incorrectly and cutting into the pad.

Not sure where your hood pad is being damaged. Most of the damage on my car(s) is caused by the up pipe blowing off the throttle body and/or the clamps being positioned incorrectly and cutting into the pad.
Heres the old one that was on yhr the car when I got it. Just trying to keep the new one in better condition.

Attachments

• 1419182315266.jpg
    1419182315266.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 163
Heres the old one that was on yhr the car when I got it. Just trying to keep the new one in better condition.

Man, that looks like your engine mounts are loose! Engine comes up under torque. Check them.

Bruce '87 Grand National

You're very welcome....just an idea.....let us know how it works out.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back