Hood Shocks

Yes, I had a set a few years ago that practically bent the hood into a taco. They never loosened up. They weren't specific to the car. I've also seen different supports for fiberglass and steel hoods advertised for our cars.
I think the key element here is, "They weren't specific to the car" Just stop by one of the parts stores and get a set and save your receipt to take back just in case. Cars have been coming with these for decades and the manufacturers probably have them down fairly well by now. Why pay a shipping charge if not necessary. No need to turn wagon wheel technology into rocket science.

RockAuto - ACDELCO 510309 {#12333251} Professional - Specific to the 86/87 Turbo Regal

It sounded like the OP replied to that information and implied that those where the ones he got which he thinks are too tight. I'm trying to see which ones he is referring to.

Post 20 doesn't address anything. I think between you using only one and the original poster making a post about how stiff they are I got the answer I was looking for. I may try the auto parts store and just return them if I don't like them. If that doesn't work out I would try the one like you suggested that's good idea too.

these are the OEM ones not sure if that's what you get when ordering ac delco , curious

Attachments

• IMG_2383.JPG
    IMG_2383.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 25
these are the OEM ones not sure if that's what you get when ordering ac delco , curious

The ones that are currently on my car (that the hood has been open on for well over a year now, but that's another thread) read 4491. They are from RockAuto. Not too stiff, not too soft, "just right" as Goldilocks once said. :)

X2 on only replacing the one weak hood shock instead of both of them. I just did this, passenger side only and the hood will rise up on it's own after opening half way and is reasonable to close. Rock auto Stabilus SG330004 $11.20, can't go wrong. In 5 years time, I'll replace the drivers side and be good again!

X2 on only replacing the one weak hood shock instead of both of them. I just did this, passenger side only and the hood will rise up on it's own after opening half way and is reasonable to close. Rock auto Stabilus SG330004 $11.20, can't go wrong. In 5 years time, I'll replace the drivers side and be good again!

Got mine from Highways Stars never thought about them again once installed I guess they were perfect.