You can type here any text you want

hooker headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

polin2424

how much does a good pair of hooker headers with the down pipe and a adujustable delta waste gate go for?

headers

polin2424 said:
how much does a good pair of hooker headers with the down pipe and a adujustable delta waste gate go for?
I guess i got screwed i bought mine used for 325 dam@!$!@.

polin2424 said:
I guess i got screwed i bought mine used for 325 dam@!$!@.
You didnt get screwed , those are alright headers,i just had a hard time with those headers on my past TR.(thats why i hate them in my opinion,installation wise) If you have enough time and patient to bolt those up,then you have a set of headers in a TR,you know what i mean..

I heard hooker headers are only good at the 700hp range......

GNguy said:
I heard hooker headers are only good at the 700hp range......

The double flare on the pipe connections is less than 2" and the pipe leading up to the turbo is 2 1/4", you decide...

I had a set of them and defended them till I sold them, for $350. So people have done worse than you did. On an up note, I used the collector and flange on a set I had to make the PS header on my Metro.

I mean put them on eBay.

Make sure you put the words Honda, Mitsu, WRX, EVO in the description, that will draw crowds for the deltagate.

IMO the Hooker Headers suck. I bought a set in Carlisle for $30 thinking I just scored a deal of a life time. With the money saved I got them coated. They bolted on with ease… no problem there but as soon as I started the car for the first time the check engine light came on, bad O2 code. :mad: I never had a problem with this car prior to. I replaced the O2 with three different parts, still the same code every time. Adjusted FP, still the same. Chased the problem for about a summer then gave up. Went back to all stock settings and put the stock headers back on, never looked back.

Buy the way I got $300 for them on e-bay. :cool:

imo those things are worthless, i had a set on my car, bad o2 codes also, wouldnt stay tight, when i took them off they were all cracked up, so i gave up on them. i was happy to get $135. from what ive read on this board, stock headers are good to 10 sec range so they should be fine for your app if youre not building a race car.

buickbert

Back