You can type here any text you want

HOOKER system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Guys, I need an exhaust system and dont have the cash for the ATR piece.

Looking at the Hooker system but it seems that I am getting different disc of the system.

Discription on Summitracing.com says it only fits 86-87...and that it exits in stock location. I go to Holley.com (Hooker new parent company) and it says only fits 86-87 cars AND it exits under rear bumper...!!!!!

Anyone have this system / like it ???

1. Does it exit in stock position ?

2. Will it fit my '85 car ? (almost seems like a dumb question)

it'll fit if you make your own test pipe.it will come with the big flange for the 87 cat.atr sells the flanges for the 84 dp and the 87 cat,get one of each and build a test pipe to fit and you'll be fine:).

i've never heard anything bad about the hooker system.

oh yeah,i got my atr flanges from mike @ m&m motorsports.he should be able to hook you up.

later,sean

Hey Hotsix, I purchased the hooker system for my car, and I love it! Loud when it has to be, quiet on the highway, and I noticed a big difference in performance vs the stock system. At low RPM's it sounds very mean. The tailpipes exit to the stock location, and on my car, they are about 1" shorter than the stock pipes, so they don't stick out the sides. Nicely tucked in. What I did on my car is, I cut the flange off of the dp, and on the testpipe provided in the hooker kit. Then I just welded the 2 together, and everything bolted up perfectly. I would recommend if you use this option, you look into a bigger dp if you don't already have one.If you don't want to do that, you will have to make your own testpipe, which is nothing big either. HTH. Any other questions feel free to ask :)

Back