Hot Air Turbo

Wahoo

I have an '85 T-type, my plan with the car is to run the 80#injector chip combo for E-85. I have a walbro 340 I'm planning to install before spring, I still need to buy the chip and injectors but I want to talk about my turbo options. My car will have the spring cleaning done by the time I decide on a turbo.

Goals: to go as fast as I can on not that large of a budget. I plan to piece everything together gradually so I don't really have a complete dollar amount I'm working with. I wouldn't mind buying a used turbo as long as its in good shape, I'm currently looking for one. My turbo budget is around $500.

I don't have a torque converter yet but I won't be opposed to running one in the future around 3,000 stall. Tranny is stock, once it breaks ill do what I can to build it.

What venders sell hot air turbos? I thought one of them did but I'm not having any luck finding them listed. I tried to contact bison but I'm sure he is busy. I wouldn't mind modifying my stock turbo to get more out of it but I feel like once and awhile I see TA-49's for around $500 used and I'd like to get the most out of my budget so if the stock turbo can't be made to perform similar to a TA-49 for that same price then why bother.

Thanks!

I have an '85 T-type, my plan with the car is to run the 80#injector chip combo for E-85. I have a walbro 340 I'm planning to install before spring, I still need to buy the chip and injectors but I want to talk about my turbo options. My car will have the spring cleaning done by the time I decide on a turbo.

Goals: to go as fast as I can on not that large of a budget. I plan to piece everything together gradually so I don't really have a complete dollar amount I'm working with. I wouldn't mind buying a used turbo as long as its in good shape, I'm currently looking for one. My turbo budget is around $500.

I don't have a torque converter yet but I won't be opposed to running one in the future around 3,000 stall. Tranny is stock, once it breaks ill do what I can to build it.

What venders sell hot air turbos? I thought one of them did but I'm not having any luck finding them listed. I tried to contact bison but I'm sure he is busy. I wouldn't mind modifying my stock turbo to get more out of it but I feel like once and awhile I see TA-49's for around $500 used and I'd like to get the most out of my budget so if the stock turbo can't be made to perform similar to a TA-49 for that same price then why bother.

Thanks!

The answer to your question is a TA-33C turbo. It is a stock hot air turbo which has been machined out and a TA-49 compressor installed. Try and find a used one if possible. The other option is to have your stock one converted. I know of two companies who may do this. Limit Engineering and Precision Turbo. There are other vendors out there who may do this mas well. The cost for converting you stock turbo is probably around $1,000. This will get you into the twelves in the quarter. Any faster will require a bigger turbo with a custom turbo to intake adaptor and you are looking upwards to around $2000.

If I have money or time ill probably get the intake ported.

Back to talking turbos, so are there any venders selling hot air turbos any more?

What about buying a turbo for an intercooler car, getting the seals replaced with what works with hot airs and then clocking the turbo ad having the intake adapter welded on?

What's the cost of replacing the seal?