You can type here any text you want

Hot wire for Distributor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dmarx

The pink wire is from the hot from the ignition. As I look at the wiring diagram, the purple wire goes thru the harness, and ends up at the "bat" side of the distributor. Since I am not stock, can the second wire in this two wire connector"purple" wire, go directly to the "bat" side of the distributor. Also, just picked up the top end from a '78 3.8 Turbo. Have the red carb hat, hose, filter can, and the black charcoal(?) caniser. Also have complete wiring harness. All available.
Dan

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 82
Are you sure the purple wire goes to batt? I thought the purple wire was tach? Pink was 12v to the dizzy?

Yep, power to the pink wire was needed to make it run. So, how about the second wire? The diagram show it going to the dizzy, could be tach????? Help. I am using Dakoa Digital gauges.
Dan

OK, if pink is the hot t the dizzy, and purle goes to tach, it doesn't show two wire to the the dizzy in the schematic, unless I am missing something.

Well,you are corect. I took the wiring harness apart and traced the hotwire. Thanks.

Back