You can type here any text you want

Hot wire kit or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

I am going to upgrade my fuel pump to a 340. Should I do the hot wire kit too? I know some have said it is not needed on the TTA. Just wanted some opinions before I order parts.

TIA

Catch 22.

I'd say do it and be done with it.

That is what I was leaning towards doing. I just wanted to see if anyone was adimantly against them. Placing order with Racetronix today. :)

That is what I figured. After doing the pump the hot wire kit will be a piece of cake. :biggrin:

Why would a HW kit not be necessary on a TTA? They have just as thin power wire going to the pump as any other car.

well it was Stated by Someone here that they had Slightly better wiring than the Regals - Anyhow....I HW'ed also...FWIW...

2QUIK6 said:
Why would a HW kit not be necessary on a TTA? They have just as thin power wire going to the pump as any other car.

I remember an experienced TTA person here was saying the wiring on the TTA was much better than the GN and the hot wire kit was not "needed" on the TTA. But like was mentioned above it cannot hurt.

TTA had better wiring ... we ran low-mid 11's for years with the stock wiring .. but like I said "it isn't goin to hurt" :rolleyes: :p

I ordered the Pump and HW kit from Racetronix. I figured it was not worth 2nd guessing for $60.

I suppose its because the second relay is at the rear that the pump wiring plugs into, but the wiring from the under hood relay to the rear appears to be as small as any other car I've seen. My '95 TA had similar wiring and connections and a HW kit is recommended for it if using a power adder.

hmmmm I only had over a 100k on my stocker we bought new in 89 .. never had a hot wire kit ...hellll back then no one did :p

Do the hotwire kit. Besides the 20 minutes and $60 it will cost it cant hurt anything.

Jason

Hot Wire Kit

It has to help any pump U put it on. It's simple electricity - a bigger wire will have less voltage drop and more voltage will get to the pump. So it will put out more. Plus it comes directly from the Alternator. I don't understand what all the arguement is about.

Back