You can type here any text you want

Hotair vs IROC-Z

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This guy that was messing with my in my Eclipse RS (Beat me by a buslength) finialy got what was comming to him.

I was cruising down south kingshighway twards jackson, mo and I decide to turn around and head back the other way for another pass, Well the car had the new Fuel Pressure Regulator, and 93oct, cool air, but hot asphalt, And I see this what looked like a 3rd gen camaro with a Cal hood, I slow down and we hit a light.
He finds his way next to me and I look over at him, he looks and throws a rev, I nodded and began to build boost. I let it set at 5psi. I wanted to see what my new tires would do, I got a set of Firestone Firehawk 500's, 215/65/15 front, 235/60/15 rear.

Light hit green, the car hooked harder than It ever did in my life, virtualy NO wheel spin! It hooked so hard It scared me. I noticed my tranny was slipping, I was like wtf? It was like waiting for the tranny to catch up to the engine.

I looked back and saw the guy about three cars back, And THEN it hit agianI saw the camaro fade away into the distance as I aproached whatever speed i was going, due to the speedo broke.

I slowed down and hit the next light, the guy had turned off. Then I noticed a bit of smoke which I thought was comming out of my tail pipes, I pulled off to a parking lot and checked it out and it was a bluish,.. kindof.. smoke I looked back and saw a leak between the Trans/Engine, I immediatly thought Rear main seal. But I got it home and It was the Front Seal in the transmission.

3.5 hours later the trans was dropped the new seals put in, and the trans bolted back up, and the car is back on the road. :cool:

Hot-air: 1
IROC-Z: 0

nice kill on the IROC!

did you notice if it was a 305 or a 350? i posted about a similar race with a 350 TPI car on www.thirdgen.org and their general opinion was it would take a near stock hotair. apparently, however, thats not the case ;)

Back