Houston Area Buicks...

FYI, The Houston Buick Club has a meeting coming up on Saturday, June the 24th at Cunnigham Auto Service which is located at: 8600 Knight Road (on the 610 feeder 1 block east of Fannin - near the Reliant Center / Astrodome complex) Check out http://www.houstonbuick.org/meetings.html for details.

I know the turbo crowd has been getting frustrated with the lack of track / race outings from the HBC over the last couple of years... well this is the 1st big meeting for the '06 - 07 club year so it'd be a GREAT opportunity to show up, have your voice heard & provide some feedback about any upcoming events, meets and/or tech sessions y'all would like to see happen!!!

Thanks for the heads up about the meeting.

I won't be able to attend, I'm moving this weekend.

If I get to voice an opinion, I choose drag racing.

Let me get this straight, the turbo crowd is frustrated with the lack of track / race outings from the HBC over the last couple of years... And they decide to have another meeting :rolleyes: Sounds like their straight on on course for par ;)

insane6 said:
Let me get this straight, the turbo crowd is frustrated with the lack of track / race outings from the HBC over the last couple of years... And they decide to have another meeting :rolleyes: Sounds like their straight on on course for par ;)

This meeting is being used to discuss events. The HBC will be doing cruises/races/carshows fairly often in the near future. :)

84TXGN said:
This meeting is being used to discuss events. The HBC will be doing cruises/races/carshows fairly often in the near future. :)

Hope your right but I bet one used pinion snubber (local pick-up only)nothing happens ;)

OUCH insane6

Really, tell us how you feel on this subject.

Please don't hold anything back......

LOL

insane6, (Tim?)

Nick, the new pres, was one of the few HBC guys showing up for the Car Club Bash on a regular basis the last couple of seasons AND the new club VP is a turbo car guy from way back. As I said, show up & put your word in on what events you'd like to see from the club for '06 - 07.

I'll take a good bit of the blame for the fall-off in turbo car participation, that little thing called "life" kept getting in the way of me running the club the way it deserved to be run. That's exactly the reason I stepped down as director... heck I'm not even an officer/trustee anymore, just an interested member who'd hate to see the performance oriented cars completely give up on the HBC.

insane6 said:
Hope your right but I bet one used pinion snubber (local pick-up only)nothing happens ;)

I'll bet that little 67 you have on top of your motor that there are HBC events happening in the near future other than meetings. :p

Hey CaptainInsane-O

Use to like the car club bash in Sealy, but the last time I went they would not let me run in the club race. They said I couldn't have a trans brake. I told them I wouldn't use it and they said I would have to remove it from the car. So, basically it is a street car class. They did offer to let me run test and tune. In the 100* heat I got two passes in 8 hours (not going to work) I can think of better ways to torture myself! I guess they should car it the Street Legal Car Club Bash. LOL

Doesn't HMP have a car club bash?
The club might consider going to there event verses the Sealy event.

Later,

Will,

The CCB rules got pretty funky for a while, guess that can happen when racetracks / track management changes hands & they're trying to please everyone... you end up with a big mess of unhappy people. John Hennessey of Viper fame / infamy took over Lonestar & they're about to convert it to a 1/4 mile track out there. Hopefully they'll bring back at least a quarterly car club race of some sort soon!

HMP (wth a lot of pushing from the HALO club) tried to get a monthly club race going, but it never really got off the ground. They were having management problems with that one too (no trophies, last sec schedule changes, etc..)

BTW, you know me; I always forget to sign internet stuff anymore. :)

Doug C.

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I knew it was you. Just using your screen name.

There are people I have talked to on this message board that I do not know there names when I meet them at the track since they don't put a real name at the bottom of there post. Just makes it more interesting when your trying to remember peoples names when your face to face.

Later,

CaptainInsane-O said:
insane6, (Tim?)

As I said, show up & put your word in on what events you'd like to see from the club for '06 - 07.

No one listen to anyone in 05-06 or whatever the heck the year I was in it.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see HBC grow and I hope I lose the pinion snubber bet LOL I wish the best luck to the new officers and hope they get HBC headed in the right direction. One word of advise Quit having meetings and talking about and DO IT !!
Later Tim W.

84TXGN said:
I'll bet that little 67 you have on top of your motor that there are HBC events happening in the near future other than meetings. :p
Ryan , Not the 67 ,but I bet you a use plastic factory vaccum block :biggrin: slightly warped of course :eek:

Lets Go Racing

My membership dues would be in the mail if the club was to put some racing in the event schedule. Sunday night it was just Tim and JD racing each other and they were having a blast. I will have to just enjoy the Dallas and Oklahoma events until the HBC is done talking about it. Shawn Carlin

Tim

Hey Tim, check out the hotrodgossip.com website. There are a couple pictures of your car on there. Shawn Carlin