How can I increase my oil pressure???

Nasty Wendy

Perverted Lurker
Is there something I can do to get better oil pressure? After the engine is warm my oil pressure is less than 10psi @ idle and about 20-24 psi @ cruise. If I goose it the pressure comes up with rpm but I would like better pressure all the time. Thanks in advance.

Put a turbo saver remote filter on it... Should bump it up a couple psi at least. My GN seen 4 psi increase. Some cars vary though. HTH

Mike Banas
87GN

Kendall Frederick in the StageII section has posted a TC cover he's made with a gerotor oil pump.

"Biggie" oil filter upgrade might help, same as a Turbo Saver.

Might put a stiffer spring in the piston/spring bypass behind the big nut in the oil pump cover.

Booster plate.

Take the timing chain cover off and port all the oil passages in it and in the oil pump cover. Put in a new oil pump and the aforementioned booster plate while you're at it.

John

Go to the thicker oil and install an oil cooler. This will keep the oil from "thinning" due to less heat

oil pressure

Make sure you have the correct pressure releif valve in the oil pump cover housing. It is located next to the oil filter. It is the big brass nut plug. the spring is behind it........:)

had the same promlem, i used melling hi vol pump kit and changed to larger oil filter. went from 10psi in gear at idle to 15psi. i use 10w30

I agree with John...port the passages in the TC and add a booster plate...adding a different relief spring will do nothing for idle pressure...Biggie filter will help also...

i hate to use the "k" word on the forum,but...

i installed a kenne-bell oil booster kit and it works great.my oil pressure never drops below 25 psi at idle and at least 50 psi at anything above 2000 rpm.this is hot with mobil 1 15w50 on a bone stock longblock with ~100k.

i would guess that it's the same booster plate you can get from other vendors:D.

later,sean

oh yeah,this is on a hotair car without a biggie oil filter or oil cooler:eek: .

from what i've seen...the booster plates kill front cam bearings!...porting the front-cover and or block oil passages is the way to go..to each his/her own!..there is some GOOD reading on this subject in the buick powersorce book! my O2 joe

Thanks for the responses

I'm taking it all in so keep it up. Hey you know I had to say something like that. Anyway where can I get a "biggie oil filter adapter" ? Are they expensive?