You can type here any text you want

How did you mount tailpipes to frame?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
I got a new exhaust system from GN1performance (dont start). my question is what did you guys use to mount the tail pipes to the frame. Archie said something about using the OEM hangers but they are long gone on my car. Am i going to have to but the hangers from summit and get them TIGed on? thanks

Hangars

When I had the dual muffler system, I had hangars tack welded onto the pipes and bolted to the frame just behind the rear wheels. There were some rubber grommets on them to prevent the exhaust noise from getting transmitted to the body.
Since I changed to the stock location muffler, there was no need for the extra hangars, since there is no movement in the pipes downstream of the muffler.
IMO, if you can get the pipes solidly mounted so they don't move, you can avoid the extra hangars completely.
HTH.

sounds good, if worse comes to worse i will just put the exhaust on and see how much movement there is, i need to inspect the car badly. I can inspect the car myself but with no exhaust i would just get fired, thanks pete

Back