You can type here any text you want

How do I know how much watts are going to the sub??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CombatComProg

If I have an amp rated 100 watts rms over the sub, how do I keep my amp from going into the extra 100 watts that will blow the speaker?? How do I know how much watts is going to the sub? Is it just by the volume nob? Is there any way to tell weather I am pushing the limit?? Thank you all very much!!

Distortion is what kills speakers, not power. I have run as much at 500 watts over the speaker rating on subs. When you set your gain on the amp listen closely for any distortion. Back the gain down from there. Of course you might get to the level of loudness you want before getting close to have any distortion. You could get a volt meter and measure the voltage going to the sub and do the mathmatical conversion to get the true reading. A buddy of maine that runs an electronics repair shop has tested most of the amps on the market today and found that over 95% are over rated. They simplely will not produce the power they advertise. I would not get too worried.

Back