You can type here any text you want

How do i know if i have a real GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNattyKid

Hey guys, just bought my first 87 GN..was wondering how to check if it is a true GN or clone. I read that there is no way to tell a GN from the VIN# alone? Turbo Regal Vehicle Identification Numbers Im sure all the info i need is right there, i just don't understand a lot of it since I'm new to this (the GN being my first car) and I'm trying to learn all this through research instead of asking my parents (i want to be independent) So if anyone could explain how i would go about determining if my car is in fact a true GN and not a regal cloned into one and how to use the guide in the link i posted, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Joe

First off, welcome to the darkside:cool:

Second, never be ashamed to ask for help (including from the parents!)

Third, you're in the right site, but look here instead:
Buick Turbo Regal Option Codes (Regular Production Options - RPO)

The VIN will give you generic vehicle ID only. The RPO (Regular Production Order) codes will break the car down optionwise. Look for the sticker on the inner trunk lid (about 3"x5"). BTW, this sitcker will also have the VIN # on it- make sure it matches the VIN of the car.

Back