You can type here any text you want

How do I tell if the GN is a real GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72SSAbody

Is there codes to look for in the VIN? What other tell tale signs are there?

I'm in the market for a GN or a t-type and would rather do my homework now than get screwed on a deal.

Thanks for your help!

look for the WE2 option code on the build tag on the bottom side of the trunk lid.

Look every where!!!

Beware of alot.

Look at the car as a whole.
If you don't or haven't seen a GN up close then visit another members car.
Look at pictures of members ride.

Know what a 84/85 and a 86/87 engine looks like.

1. Look at the cowl tag.
2. Vin. #
3. Drivers Door.
4. How about the Title.
5. Trunk lid.
There is alos a build sheet in a couple of spots, under rear seat, inside drivers door, above the fuel tank.

I bought a car that was a GN on every thing except where it counted most . the vin. # and Title.

Looks like I bought a Clone.:confused:

Good info Russell!!!!! I'm also new to turbo Buicks but have had my share of older GM's. Are there other places than the dash panel where GM stamped VIN's on these cars? Some earlier GM's had stampings on the quarter panel seams around the trunk lid gasket, frame rails and other hard to replace areas. Thanks Bobby

Unless I am mistaken...the VIN# won't tell you if a regal is a GN or not. It will only verify a turbo regal.

WE2 option is what you look for. My advice is take someone with you who knows a lot about GN's.

Back