How do the rear shocks come out

first support the rear with a floor jack.lift up the carpet take the two bolts off the top of the shocks.then take the two bolts off of the lower shock mounts and pop em off.

Nah man,the interior part is a pain.

The lift the carpet deal is the problem...if youve ever done'em.

Theres a pice of foam covering the upper shock nut under the carpeting.

Without tearing into the car,some just slit the carpet with a razor to gain access to the top bolt on the shock.If you dont want to slit the carpet....it'll take you a while disassembling the interior.

Sometimes what appears to be simple and straight forward,can be a pain.With the carpet out of the way its a 15 minute job.

HTH

f-bodies all the same carpet is velcroed in underneath back seat you can pull hard and get it out or pull two bolts from the bottom of the back seat and then your set pull the foam up.,dont cut it, if you do you (no offense maybe you shouldnt work on your own car

Thanks for the carpet correction,A buddy with a IROC moaned about it...

My car still has the stock rear shocks ..21k Miles :)..stock GM brakes too...Someday I'll change them.

I recently changed my rear shocks and was able to lift up the carpet to get to the shocks. Took some patience to get the carpet back in, but the longest part of doing the rear shocks was jacking the car up and taking the tires off. I was probably done in less than an hour.
Fold down rear seat, lift carpet up and pull away from the side panels. Fold the carpet back and put something heavy on it so it doesn't flip back into your face. (experience here)
Take off the foam caps. Take off the top nuts.
Remove the bottom nuts and pull them out.
Reverse the process.
Later,
James