You can type here any text you want

How do you center the rear end?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aquickv6

How do you center the rear end if it's off to one side? What's adjustable?
It appears to be about 1.5" to the left side and slightly off perpendicular to the wheel well housing. Thanks

There is no adjustment for side to side. Check body bushings. My bushings were waisted and car sat all crooked. The tube on the right side of my rear end was bent foward .The guy that did rear had to repair tube. I dont know if that is your problem. when the builder went to pull axle out it was stuck.because the axle tube was bent.

The bushings are new and the axle tubes are straight (no problem with axle in/out) :confused:

Ok, so have you measured to see that when the new bushings were installed, that the body was centered over the frame??
Is that 1.5" as measured from the frame to axle, or from the axle to the body, or from the body to the frame? Big difference in what you have to look for.
Get out the plumb lines, and start making measurements.
Possibilities:
Rear suspension bushings toast.[High miler??]
Suspension mounts pulled out of the frame.
Body not on the frame strait.
Car has been wrecked, and the frame is tweaked.

A 4 wheel alignment, should give you some good info, to start with.

Upper trailing arm bolt holes have widen up due to bad bushing ???? :confused: It' happened to mine. ;)

Back