You can type here any text you want

How Fast Can A Tta Stock Pump W/hotwire Kit Go? No Alky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RICH 1TTA&1GN

Will a stock pump (64k on car) with or without hot wire safely support high 11"s? Which injectors are best i.e 50# MSD to get there?

I went 12.19@114 with stock pump. But then my car started leaning out soon after. So I changes out the pump. Probably best to change out the pump. Or keep a close on on your air/fuel or O2 volts everytime you hammer on it.

Thanks, only reason I ask is the 5/hr in tank pump replacement I hear of. Only looking to get to 11's for now. New with the tta but old with the GN. I know most mods are the same, but enough of a difference between the two. It seems like it took a bunch more parts,time.& $$$$$$ to get 11"s with the GN. Could the tta be that much easier???? Hummm. Seems like a "turbotweak" chip,valve springs, adj regulator,50# injectors, maf pipe/k&n, exhaust cut out, race gas,20/ish #'s boost, drag radials & "BAM" your there.....Any thoughts on my therory. oh yeah forgot hotwire kit & RJC equalizer plate under intake? worth it?

I spent about 4 hours on my pump on a lift. Just make sure you are paying attention to knock and O2s if you keep the stock pump. I just put on a power plate. Can't say good or bad about it yet. I do not expect much out of it besides less knock prone.

RICH 1TTA&1GN said:
Will a stock pump (64k on car) with or without hot wire safely support high 11"s? Which injectors are best i.e 50# MSD to get there?

No with or without alky. Its 20 years old. Quit being lazy and change it :D

50's are fine with or without alky.

Guilty on the "lazy"!!!!! Ok RAZOR while im there im sure to change rear shocks & should I put in hotwire kit? any other tips while im there?

Change the rear springs too if they are original. They take about a minute to change when doing to fuel pump.

Change it. My car had an external with the stock and it was marginally better. Do it right the first time.

Jason

Ok Ok 340 pump on the way. Did anyone look over my soon to be mods. Keep in mind I bought this car 1wk ago. So far 4 brand new tires ,kyb struts & every front end piece replaced by moog & aligned. Wow much better already.. Can it be possible for this thing to rattle any more!!!! It is stock 64ooomi t-top leather car, except for a chip an adj wastegate (threaded rod) an a hacked up exhaust UGGGGG! I will of course be doing usual maintence & setting gauges & scanmaster in place before mods. I thank you guys for your help in my journey. My goal is to go as fast as possible without tearing the car up & looking like a tired up modded tta. stock turbo & IC (for a while) unless they give me problems. ;) I spoke to Jim @ PHS so I will officialy have a # soon, he belives I will be a very late car. If anyone knows this car ,it was seized by NYPD & made into their "DARE" car in 1992 from original owner. They had it till 2002 I bought it from the only owner since then. Ring a bell anyone?

RICH 1TTA&1GN said:
Guilty on the "lazy"!!!!! Ok RAZOR while im there im sure to change rear shocks & should I put in hotwire kit? any other tips while im there?

Dont get gas on ya :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks!!!!! Guess what? Jim called back @ 7:15 est told me my car was # 1550....wishfull thinking huhhh!!!! ok im for real at # 1178. Oh well, Ill take what im given. Im in northeast PA, so Im hoping to get more involved in our cars at meets closer to me (never say die)WOOOOOSSHH!! c-ya!!!

I wonder if there is any car later than mine still alive. #1546..Was the cae painted like a DARE car? And for the rattles, get sub frame connectors. They really tighten the car up.

Jason

Back