How fast?

Tim Barnum

What type of results could I expect to get at the track? I have a 99 GTP with 3" exhaust, 3" down pipe, 160 deg. stat, K&N filter and a 3.25 pulley. Thanks Tim

Maybe 14.0 or so. I'm running 13.8 with my mods, but I suck at launching. It all really depends on the driver and the car, too. It's kinda hard to guess though.

Hey, np;) You might want to think about a knock gauge. I got my bum chewed out by some GP guys when I told them I wanted to put the 3.25" on with my mods (before I got the u-bend removed and the cut-out). I'd think you should be safe, but ya probably wanna just double check it to make sure.

Put in NGK TR6 spark plugs. I have everything you mentioned except for the 3" DP. I ran 13.7 with the U-bend.

Originally posted by forcefed3.8's
Put in NGK TR6 spark plugs. I have everything you mentioned except for the 3" DP. I ran 13.7 with the U-bend.

Just say NO to NGK!!! I would ditch the NGK's for AutoLite 104's. The reason is that the tips on the NGK plugs actually start to unscrew after a while. I've had a few friends save my butt - when we took out the plugs in my car they had only started to unscrew.

I have some Autolite 104's. It looks like fun putting them in:D. Can you just change them without removing anything? It's too cold to go look under the hood wright know. Thanks Tim

Tim, you definitely want to get a knock gauge to measure the KR. Those mods might not be enough for a 3.25" pulley. At the the gp forum (clubgp.com) everyone will tell you that you are going to need to add a DHP PCM and probably rockers to support the 3.25". You might be actually slower with this setup.

You don't need a knock gauge. Buy autotap (or use a friend's) and save yourself the time installing and the money for the gauge.

Now do you have an open K&N, panel, or cold air intake? You have the O2 sim for no cat right?

I'd definately recommend a DHP computer. I just got mine done New Year's Day (thanks Charles :D ) and it's worth every penny. I went from having 6 degrees of total timing and a ****load of KR to no KR and 16 degrees of timing (btw the before runs were on a hot day WITH 100 octane and the after on a cold with 93).

DO NOT RUN NGK's. I've had nothing but problems with them. You will not have to remove anything in order to change the spark plugs, just make sure the engine is cool and you are very limber.

I ran 13.6's with the mods you have with a Nitto (sans downpipe and 2 1/2" exhaust Bolra, not 3").

Any other questions?

Which one is better a Scan Master or Auto tap? I'm used to using a Scan Master to tune my Buick. I also use a EGT. Let me know. Thanks Tim

I don't have a Scanmaster for either (I know I'm an idiot; I just haven't had time to get it yet), but I'd think the Scanmaster would be easier since a) you already know how to use it and b) it's easier to mount (w/ A-tap you need a laptop).

I went to the track today and ran 14.0 @ 99mph with a 2.247 sixty foot. I need some traction and a cold air pipe setup. What tires do you use on a front wheel drive that stick good at the track? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks Tim

How do those ET streets turn on the street?:D What size do you run? I have a set of 26x10.5 I would like to try. Thanks Tim

I love 'em, I get low 1.8's to high 1.7's. 26X10.5X16 is the size. They fit on the stock rim too! Talk about stealth!

As far as how they handle on the street; they are a little shaky when going around bends on the highway at speeds over 80. Other than that, they don't get a lot of attention (which is good) until I point it out to people I don't mind knowing.