You can type here any text you want

How high is to High

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blckdrgn1987

11.78 @129
I have 60 psi oil pressure at start up, once the car is warm I might see 40 psi at 1500-2000 rpm. I have seen as much as 80 psi. I have a booster plate installed. I am wonering if I need to pull that off and put a stock pump back on. The pressure des not bother me I just don't want to blow out seals or do damamge as a result of to much pressure. Also at the pressure is the oil even being filtered or is it just in by-pass mode? Thanks in advance for opinions.

Geoff

You should be OK. I've run the same setup and pressures for years with no detrimental affect.

update

ok I just drove the car when she is cold at start up I am getting close to 100 psi then cruising around town @1500-2000 rpm I am at 70 psi. Once she is warm I am at 40psi idle and 60psi driving. I am just concerned with start up psi.

Geoff

Your symptoms changed??? at 100 it might be a bit high. Try a thinner oil.

I am also running 90 to 100 psi on cold starts then goes to 30 at idle and 60 driving ... The high pressure cold starts been fine for 11k miles now ... In the cold weather i run 10/30 summer 20/50

Make sure the pressure relief valve is not stuck or installed backwards in the oil pump cover. Remove the large bolt head cap next to the filter and check the spring and piston. They should both come out real easy. It should have a yellow spring installed. It is possible to lose the prime in the oil pump after doing this though. To reprime the pump, replace the piston, spring and bolt head cap back onto the oil pump cover in the order they came out. Don't forget the gasket on the bolt head cap. Remove the top oil cooler line from the radiator and pour some oil down the line back to the pump using a small funnel. It should not take much. good luck...

Back