You can type here any text you want

How Much Boost Can U Hold?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crapheap

OK QUESTION IS AS FOLLOWS
before i transplanted drivetrain from my old buick to my 91 z-28 i could hold almost 15 lbs of boost on foot brakes and 20 lbs.and change on e-brake.now my z has a 9 bolt disc rear with 3.45 gearing the pads in the back are the same size as front pads wich is kinda weird .well back to the question.how much boost can i expect this rear to hold on the line without the car creaping forward on the foot brake and on the e-brake.so far on foot brake mines makes it to 0 lbs. and my rear tires break loose. on e-brakes cold i can hold about 5 lbs.:( kinda hard to get good 60 foots with that kinda whimpy launch.

more details:
the rear is out of an 88 formula 5 speed
i did the brakes after i installed it in the car
does anyone make a girdle for this funny lookin rear :confused:
TIA...............:D

I can hold 10-15 with e-brake, and foot brake, usually I let it go as it sweeps past 10 because if not I spin.

Chris synider has pretty much prove that the drum brakes hold more boost at the line but how long your burnout is and if you have like lock all matter...

I was only able to hold 5 to 7 with e-brake. Razor recommends Raybestos brake pads. He says they help alot.

HTH: Jason

Ya.. actually a list member matt C. gave me that tip. Autozone sells them, theyre like 75 bucks for a set. Ceramic pads.. I can hold 15 easy.. its just hard to keep it at a certain boost level. As the needle goes up..its a "Gotta Go" deal.. it will probably yank 20 PSI..i'm just Skeered :eek: Dont want to be flat bedded home :)

I'd also recomend a line lock to keep the pads cool when doing your burnout, on the GN it was good for another 4-5lbs.

Hey crapheap before you start comparing just remember every car is making different hp levels at the same boost levels due to different combos.

Forget the e-brake launches and put a Stageright trans brake in there and never worry about creeping again! I have 100's of passes with this brake and no problems.

which should I put on the tta, line-lock or transbrake? I'm only holding 1-2 lbs w/footbrake and starts to spin.

The only thing a line lock is good for is doing a burnout without tearing up your tranny....a transbrake will hold as much boost as you want your car to lauch at and have thels to sit at. I wouldn't go crazy with super high boost launches unless you upgrade the rear....keep it around 10-15 psi and you should be ok. The TB really makes the car consistant.

thanks turbov6joe, hey...where can I get a tranny crossmember exhaust hanger for a tta? Anybody have a good one for sale? TTA563

10-15 lbs should be enough for 1.5 60' with good suspenion and good tires. Much more will only cause impressive rolling burnouts...

Back