You can type here any text you want

How much should this go for?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
I've been thinking alot lately about selling my car. It is my daily driver so it has 160k on it. It is an 87 GN t-top car. The paint is presentable but is cracking and chipping, due to poor prep work before the repaint, and the body has some minor dents and dings...t-tops sliding in the trunk causing dents, typical slamming the door with the palm dent..stuff like that. There are no major dents that draw attention from a block away or anything like that. The a-arm bushings are completely gone. It has new tires and rims, 15x4 fronts and 15x8 rear Cragar Street Stars. The car has tinted windows and head and taillight covers. It has some aftermarket gauges along with the hood-mounted fuel gauge. The engine was recently rebuilt .030 w/ forged pistons, Comp Cams 206/206 hydraulic flat tappet, CC 980 springs, ported heads w/ bigger stainless valves and a double roller timing chain. The turbo has less than 1,000 miles on it. It is a TE-63-1 w/ .63 Precision exhaust housing. Other engine upgrades include a new battery, 009s, 14" K&N, ESP front mount, SMC alky kit, power plate, single 3" exhaust from downpipe to exit, dual fan kit, adj. regulator, Walbro fuel pump and other little things here and there. The tranny was just rebuilt with the wide band, shift kit and new stock convertor. There are some issues with the rebuild. There is a slight rattling noise that I believe is the convertor but haven't found out for sure. The interior is about right for a 160k car. The pass. side door panel needs replacing due to leaky tops. I've put right at $7,000 in the car since last year. The car just really needs some TLC. It is a pretty reliable car. I was thinking of asking around $7500 for the car. If I can't get that then the car would just be a summer weekend car. With all the money I've sunk into it since I bought it I wouldn't think $7500 would be too far off. Let me know what you guys think would be fair to ask. Thanks.

Nobody has an estimate? Some of the little things I forgot to add earlier are a cold air kit, aftermarket remote controlled radio with Pioneer speakers, Scanmaster II and Kenne-Bell Boost-a-pump. Of course a 160 stat is there along with a new water pump, starter and motor mounts. The reason I am thinking of selling is I find it hard to find a good mechanic I can trust to do things to these types of cars. Everyone says "Yeah, I worked on those before" yet there workmanship says otherwise. I am looking at getting an older muscle car that you can go down to Advance Auto and not have to order parts for. If I can't find a buyer for close to what I want then I may take some parts off to sell it cheaper. Feel free to tell me what you think is a fair price. Please don't e-mail me with low-ball offers though. I'm not hurting for money so I won't take an unreasonable offer. What would you ask if it were your car is what I'm really trying to get at. Thanks again.

Almost 140 views and no responses? Doesn't anyone have an opinion to what this car is worth? I will try to scan some pics this weekend to send to anyone who wants to take a look. The only difference is the pics show the old wire rims I had before I bought the new Cragar rims a few months back. I've seen cars in similar condition with far less done sell for more. I will probably have the big servo installed before selling it.

I was going to say bout 7, even before I got to your 7500. Depends on the shape of the body & paint I'd say.

pics

Anyone who wants pics just send me an e-mail and let me know. I check that first before coming here. I'm going to scan some pix in either tonight or tomorrow. The only difference will be the rims and now the car has taillight covers. The gauges have been shifted around a little too. They consist of an AutoMeter tach, VDO boost gauge (0-30psi) with a spare A.M. 30-0-20 boost gauge, air/fuel gauge and hood-mounted fuel pressure gauge. The car also comes with both a street and race chip.

IT IS A NICE CAR!!

I saw this car last weekend. The paint is like he says but inside is very nice. Lethal knows these cars and has took good care of his. For the Milage its a great car. If I had not bought this last bucket I would have bought it.:D

Man, that's the story of my life Shane, a day late and a dollar short..lol. I've got pix scanned in for those who want them. The paint looks better in the pix than it does in person though. However, with a good wash and wax it is quite presentable. I guess I should have added a few more details such as options. It has PW, PDL, PS, T-Tops, power trunk release, PB with almost new powermaster, CC, digital dash, and intermittent wipers. I'll try for about another week to get people's opinions on the value of this car and if I don't get any then I'll assume $7500 is a good price. I'd probably knock $500 off if I keep the wheels. If I don't get any offers soon I'll probably change my mind and keep this car, get another one in better shape body-wise, then transfer parts. thanks for all who have e-mailed asking for pix. You should have them within the next thirty minutes.

Just an update...

I washed and waxed the car today and took some new pix. They should be developed and scanned and ready to be sent by late this week. The waxjob sure made the car look alot better.

Thanks for the requests for pix but after seeing several, in my eyes, lesser GNs sell for higher I'll probably either put it in the local paper or keep it. Thanks again.

maybe a pic will help....

Here's a pic taken last weekend....

Attachments

• gn.jpg
    gn.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 380
one more pic.... any offers would help too

This is one more of the 7 pix I took recently after a wash and wax.

Attachments

• gnside.jpg
    gnside.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 323
OK, gotta lot of looks but only one estimate. I won't be insulted by low estimates. I just wanted to know how much to ask if I do sell it.

UPDATE: The rattling noise that has been driving me crazy for weeks has been found and fixed. A stuck wastegate arm was the culprit. It caused the wastegate puck to constantly hit against the inside of the turbine housing. No more being embarrassed by a loud rattle coming from a clean GN.:)

It currently is driven daily. That is why it is close to 160k miles. It runs great. There is a slight tranny problem that I believe will be fixed with the addition of a big servo. The stock BQ servo isn't holding up behind all these mods. I still have some pix I need to get developed ( interior, engine, and trunk ) and when I do I'll send them all at once. Two are in this post. Both were taken a few weeks back.

Back