You can type here any text you want

How to beat a new GTO on 4 cylinders

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
About a week and a half ago I was cruising along on the interstate at 65 mph when this new silver GTO pulls up along side me with two guys in the car and they cruise even with me for a second and then nail it past me...so I let them get in front of me and they are booking...they wouldn't slow down past 80 mph so I said OK that's it...so I got along side of them and then I saw them get on it again so I nailed it...we were even for about 1 second until the boost totally kicked in and I left them behind by about 10 cars all the way up to 120+ before I shut her down...needless to say they were pissed and flew past me...they must have not liked my license plate frame that says "It's just a V6, you can't lose!"

Well anyways come to find out yesterday that I have had a bad ignition module in my car (it's the original module) and we tested the terminals...the middle two terminals 2 and 5 weren't even firing at all...so basically my car has been running on 4 cylinders for about 2 weeks since I brought it out of storage...put in a new module and wow what a difference!:rolleyes: anyways that's my story...of course my car was alot more modded than that GTO but still...chalk another one up for the old man cars!:D

LMFAO!! now thats a kill!!! They must have been pissed when they got beat by lil' ol' 6....but i wonder what they'd say if they found out you only had half the cylinders they did. :D I hope one of them is reading this story right now....CLASSIC!!! nice kill!! ;)

Originally posted by d0n_3d
Well anyways come to find out yesterday that I have had a bad ignition module in my car (it's the original module) and we tested the terminals...the middle two terminals 2 and 5 weren't even firing at all...so basically my car has been running on 4 cylinders for about 2 weeks since I brought it out of storage...put in a new module and wow what a difference!:rolleyes: anyways that's my story...of course my car was alot more modded than that GTO but still...chalk another one up for the old man cars!:D

Good kill! I had that same problem a couple of years ago. The middle coil pack was firing weakly and intermittently. It's weird because it was very subtle. It idled a little funny but nothing that would make me think it was down 2 cylinders. Until I changed the module out, of course. Holy moly what a difference.

Jim

Back