How to Get a GREAT Idle.........

Actually I think Bruce dumped the ROM a different way so he probably has a better "in hand" dump than the one Mike did. Maybe he'll chime in with whats there and we can see how it compares.

OOOOOPS...........

Originally posted by Eric Stage I
You're right. Just a couple things. The blm in cell 0 will learn until the INT is between 122 and 134 (pending confirmation of correct code). The blm could end up anywhere. Once open loop idle is activated however, the int should go to 128.
Also, an A/F of 12.5 and 12.9 would be 83 and 7F.

Let us know how it goes!

Eric,

You're right................it would be 83 and 7F........don't know how I screwed that one up........... (HEX of 1638.4/AF). That would have given me some crazy values.... :D

I'll let you know what happens.

Bruce,

I'm just looking for the ability to add some "richness" to my idle. Yeah, its like hitting a tack with a sledge hammer, but if I can just get a little richer idle with the ability to tweak it a little, then I have satified my goal. Certainly your proposal is infinitely more sophisticated and accurate, but goes much beyond my time and resource allotments.

Seems like if I can get the idle to jump into O/L, then the commanded AF ratio will let me adjust fuel either richer or leaner. Course I suppose this will be based on Cell 0 value, but I should be able to control that in C/L by getting the injector constant correct. Cell 0 will learn to a value between the given windows, then when the idle drops into O/L, won't the fuel be adjusted based upon that learned value and the commanded AF ratio (integrator staying at 128) ???

Then again, there is the challenge and excitement of launching head-long into the dark abiss of the unknown and seeing what you come out with on the other end.................ahhh yes, we engineers look for excitement around every possible corner.................

TG