How to get off window tint?

GrnNatlFan

I have a 1994 Honda Accord that I bought used as a commuter car and it has aftermarket window tint on the windows that needs to be removed. I haven't even tried to remove it yet but was wondering what the best way to remove it? Is there a solution or something you can spray on it and it peel off nice and easy? Can only guess how long it's been on there.

Soak the stuff with pure ammonia and cover with a plastic bag and let it sit in the sun for a while, that loosens up the adhesive. Use a razor blade on the side windows to remove whats left. Just use the ammonia trick a few times on the back window if it has a defroster, can't use a razor blade on it and expect it to still work.

I've got a steamer for ironing clothes. I used it and the tint and the adhesive came right off when peeling off the tint. Then used some spray foam glass cleaner and razor to get the window clean. Worked like a charm :biggrin:

Window cleaner with ammonia the more the better. In other words stay away from dollarstore.