How to install RC Dual Fans

ProjectWE4

C. Horel
Hey i was wondering if there is any tips or tricks to install the rc dual fan setup, if anyone can help that would be great thanks.
chris

If you have a stock radiator the fans almost fit within the grooves on the radiator. I took a grinding wheel to the plastic ends of the fans until they were narrow enough to slide into the grooves. On some cars they may fit without removing any material. Just check yours first. When done right, the fans will sit flush against the radiator. You may want to make some clips out of aluminum to simply hold the fans from moving.

Duel fans

I installed duel Ramchargers fans and really like them. I had to cut off the mounting brackets off the fans, so they could fit between the tanks. I used foam tape on the edge of the plastic that meets the radiator and mounted it using a universal mounting kit. The only modification really needed was to use two fan relays instead of one. I found that they draw too many amps and would burn the relay contacts. I contacted Caspers and they sent me an extra relay kit. I have some pictures if you want to look. http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=74766963

Just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. I followed the instructions on the threads and it worked out fine.

I used a Dremel tool to cut off all the mounting tabs and to cut of part of the back of one fan bracket to clear the steering box (like in the pictures). Went though a few cutting discs but it wasn't too hard.

I took the bottom bracket from the stock fan and mounted it to the top of the Ramchargers fans. Had to drill a couple holes in the top of the Ramchargers shroud to do this and lined it up and marked it with the AC lines bracket mounting holes

Everything fits snug and I just dropped the bottom of the Ramchargers fan into the groove on the bottom. I was going to mount a bottom bracket but everything still seems tight and it doesn't move on the bottom yet.

I was running 195-200, but now am running steady 175 on 90 degree days after the Ramchargers install, switching to distilled water, and using a radiator from Nick Micale/ArizonaGN.