You can type here any text you want

how to oil stage II heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickstage II

Hi guys,
i have a set of stage II heads (25500031 stamped with "R")
machined for jessels
they have threaded ports at one end of the heads which go into the rocker bridge stud journals!!! - are these used for anything?

im wanting to run hydraulic lifters, the blocks an off center and cross holes are allready there, so i can feed the rockers from the pushrods then?
what prep work do the rockers need?
they have through hole adjusters also.

another question is that the jessels don't have any threading for a stud third in from one end???

need help
thanks Simon:)

Simon, if you're going to run hydraulic lifters, you can just put a pipe plug in those holes on the end of the heads. They're used to oil the valve train in certain setups (solid lifter, no lifter bore oiling, sometimes even using Mopar-type rockers and pushrods with the cup on the pushrod instead of the rocker.)

As far as the Jesels, I can't help you. I've only got experience with T&D's.

rocker lubrication

thanks for your reply,
how do the rockers themselves get lubricated?

also im going to make my own wet sump and does anyone have any pictures or thoughts? like how much oil?...

another question, im about to start making my sheet aluminium intake to suit a whipple blower and i would like to know on how the water ports at the end of the heads are plumbed?, are they all brought together to go into the radiator?

cheers Simon

Back