You can type here any text you want

How to.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well, you have to look and see what dashboard # you data log with. Then go into "dashboard", then "edit dashboard". Go to the dashboard you use when you log and change one of the sensors to MAP (psi). You do this by hitting enter on one of them and going through the list of sensors until you find one you want and hit enter again (DOS software). Be sure and leave MAP (kpa) in teh dashboard or you won't be able to overlay your logs onto your tables. Hope that helps. Good luck

Thats just it map psi is not in the edit dash board. Its just delta map and map kpa. Anyone know how to access the map psi, Crieg.....Lance.....

Look again, mine sure is there. Are you running an old version of the software? I'm not sure if the older versions had it or not. I know mine has it. It's the newest DOS version.

It should be there listed as "map psia". It's not in alphabetical order. It was there in my 4 year old version and it's there in my brand new windows version. I never knew why they used "psia" since it actually reads gauge pressure, not absolute pressure.

PSIA?

My windows version also has the PSIA choice for the dashboard.
Since the psia is read off the map sensor value, isn't it absolute and not gauge??? "Enlighten" me, please.

If any of your readings are negative numbers then it's not absolute :-) It apparently gets referenced to atmosphere in software :-)

BTW Shane the missus was driving the turbo stang pretty well tonight :-)

TurboTR

TurboTR: Thanks. That was actually the "ex-missus" driving. :) I'm still having converter problems, though. Too damn tight to make any boost till almost the 330. She was having to stay up on the brake for about 4 seconds to even leave with 6psi. It did pick up a tenth with 3psi less boost and in weather that was 25degrees warmer and about 40% more humid than the last time it was ran.

Chuck: The FAST dashboard reads PSI in gauge pressure(absolute pressure-1 atmosphere) just like a boost gauge does. Even though it reads absolute pressure off of the map sensor, it converts it to something we're used to seeing which is gauge pressure.

Back