huge irvine spectrum meet

Mattzoom

Let's start 2010 with a bang. Lets see how many cars we can gather up at the irvine spectrum. last few times we did this meet we had 50-90 cars show up.with that said, who's in?

(feel free to copy and paste this on other forums.all domestic muscle is welcomed)
When:Jan 31st
Where:irvine spectrum/target parking lot
time:12:00pm

Ls1tech.com
1. 01SOMSS!
2. jsteele90
3. bigtls1
4. MrElectric03
5. Hlaalu + bitches
6. Black02LS1
7. ss.slp.ls1
8. Revelation Z28
9. GinoLS1
10. redracer1
11. LS1BLKSS
12. geovett
13. hawk611
14. LS1Adam84
15. ZexGX
16. 99BlownSS
17.rzuff
18.carbonfiberbird
19.MJs1fastSS
20.MJs1fastSS(friend)
21.MJs1fastSS(friend)
22.MJs1fastSS(friend)
23.MJs1fastSS(friend)
24.MJs1fastSS(friend)
25.MJs1fastSS(friend)
26.MJs1fastSS(friend)
27.Mayra Z28
28.killerls1
29.soultkr(maybe)
30.ls1 ace
31.road star
32.road star friend
33.road star friend
34.road star friend
35.road star friend
36.road star friend
37.road star friend
38.road star friend
39.road star friend
40.road star friend
41.road star friend
42.nightrider ws6
43.wickedmuscle
44.c5natie
45.slowpoke310
46.ssteven
47.SmokinY2gay
48.DaD
49.fear the deer
50.FifthGenRS/SS
51.Dedly Z
52.GTOMami
53.SS4luck
54.nacho SS
55.Roush stang
56.tpi terror
57.blackws61472
58.CrazyMike
59.$$Johnny Cash$$
60.NV88CAM
61.droptopt/a(maybe)
62.59camaro
63.59 camaro (2nd car)
64.0235SS
65.skiddog5150
66.carbonfiberbird
67.mayraz28
68.brandon Z28
69.mattzoom

LETS REPRESENT THE TURBO BUICKS WHOS IN?

more lists

Svtperformance.com
1.g-ride14
2. P49Y-CY
3.03terminator77
4.sir riccus +friends
5.fast back91
6.albino96
7.nitrobullit
8.85foureyedgt
9.wishing for cobra
10.armedsvt
11.t64 gtt
12.gabe1530
13.mustangrey
14.cobra mac
15.joelee

wickedstangs
1.fighting sailor
2.lightning bullit
3.wickedstangs
4.vaporized
_________

lets get one from here???

Ill roll out, LOTS of rice in Irvine, went to school there, definitely gonna represent. Oh and if the 65 Riviera is done by then, that will come too.

I heard that meet is a money maker for the Irvine police. They pull over anyone that doesn't drive an exotic. :frown:

I heard that meet is a money maker for the Irvine police. They pull over anyone that doesn't drive an exotic. :frown:

Brent this isn't that meet. this one is at the mall, but the Police will be rolling around for sure.. if you have a highly Mod car, i wouldn't drive it there..

Brent this isn't that meet. this one is at the mall, but the Police will be rolling around for sure.. if you have a highly Mod car, i wouldn't drive it there..

why? they can't just go and open your hood they need a smog rep there or probable cause, so u can bring a highly modded car just don't be stupid and burnout and stuff, basically dont be a ricer haha

well on second thought, they are correct about the Irvine nazi police, Im still down, just better be careful I guess

why? they can't just go and open your hood they need a smog rep there or probable cause, so u can bring a highly modded car just don't be stupid and burnout and stuff, basically dont be a ricer haha

the probable cause is after market exhaust or tinted windows. thats all they need to pull you over, or to walk up to your car in a parking lot. once they look up under the car (which they don't need a warrent for) and see that you don't have CAT's installed, which highly modded cars never have. they can tell ya about the $5000 fine for not having each CAT from the EPA and tow your ride.

Probable cause = "I see that exhaust dump hanging down under your car....what other nifty things you got?"
"Where does the factory install the cat on these cars...I just can;t seem to find one under there...."

At any rate....I think cops in this area are actually pretty cool and tolerant of street cars as long as they don't see you doing something stupid like street racing or exibition...

they cant look unless they are a smog rep which is very rare or they would have to call out a smog rep out on site and make a huge deal out of it, they pull you over and ask to look just say are you a smog rep? they normally say no and shut up really fast.

they cant look unless they are a smog rep which is very rare or they would have to call out a smog rep out on site and make a huge deal out of it, they pull you over and ask to look just say are you a smog rep? they normally say no and shut up really fast.

sorry man they are right. Im still going because I have a CAT I can interchange with my straightpipe, but they can really do what ever the hell they want. Oh and now if they bust you without a CAT they can legally take your car from you. CA is terrible like that.

Nope.. they don't need to be a smog rep. a street officer is trained on EPA stuff. under state and federal law they can take your car on the stop for EPA vilations.

Nope.. they don't need to be a smog rep. a street officer is trained on EPA stuff. under state and federal law they can take your car on the stop for EPA vilations.

:eek:
I knew the fine was hefty, but didn't know they could swipe the car too.
How often does that actually happen?

:eek:
I knew the fine was hefty, but didn't know they could swipe the car too.
How often does that actually happen?

it's all up to the officer. most don't care, but i had a nice run in with a Irvine officer a year or two back with my wife's Twin Turbo ride.

it's all up to the officer. most don't care, but i had a nice run in with a Irvine officer a year or two back with my wife's Twin Turbo ride.

So it's still a bottom line that if youre not carrying on like an idiot and you are respecting the badge, they will most likely give you a hall pass on the car swiping option.

Guess im out cops are hot right now in the need to bring money in. Ill stay home and wax my car while i drink some beers anyone care to join me feel free.

Al