You can type here any text you want

Huge mark on pavement!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
I started her up for the first time this morning and it made a huge black mark on the pavement. Went away and it only happened at start up with no smoke???
Im stuck what do i do?
David

Attachments

• blackstuff.jpg
    blackstuff.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 146
that is probably nothing- when you cold start, lots of condensation. if there is lots of carbon in your exhaust, some of it gets disloged into the water and sprays out.

Not to worry....

I have one of those black marks in my garage too....Its left over from my original 87 TR Ltd. It would probably be a good idea to check your idle BLMs though. It looks like it was running a bit rich when you belched that cloud ;)

I'm sending you a PM later on....

lee

Originally posted by macatoni
I started her up for the first time this morning and it made a huge black mark on the pavement. Went away and it only happened at start up with no smoke???
Im stuck what do i do?
David

David,

The other guys are probably right, condensation and soot but, keep an eye on this for awhile. When the car worms up hold a piece of paper in front of the exaust and check for liquid spatter/spitting. Do this frequently for awhile until yer convinced nothing is spitting out except at start up. If this continues at start up or you continue to get spitting, you may have a head gasket gone. Keep an eye on yer coolant also.

Back