Husek 3021 converter experience.

The PTC has less slip when it couples but loses torque multiplication very early in a run. Dave's converter has more slip than the PTC while it is coupled but multiplies torque for ever. It doesn't have the best coupling, but much improved. Add the torque multiplication and you will feel the difference over other 9.5 inch converters.

Great info and what I needed to know. Thanks.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but may I ask what exhaust housing you're using on the TE45A to run those times and what stall?
Im running a precision .63 ar housing.
I’m at 3000 rpm @ 0 boost and flash is around 5100 rpm.

Im running a precision .63 ar housing.
I’m at 3000 rpm @ 0 boost and flash is around 5100 rpm.
Appreciate the reply. Reason I asked is I have the same turbo with the same exh housing, cam, etc. and in the market for a new converter. Some of the most respected trans builders have told me now days with new converter technology, 2800 - 3000 can do the job even with a TE45A. Even though I understood what they were saying, I honestly was a bit skeptical because I was used to the old thinking that you needed a fairly high stall to spool that turbo, especially if you didn't have the smaller Garrett .63. Good to see an example of someone getting it done. Thanks.

Appreciate the reply. Reason I asked is I have the same turbo with the same exh housing, cam, etc. and in the market for a new converter. Some of the most respected trans builders have told me now days with new converter technology, 2800 - 3000 can do the job even with a TE45A. Even though I understood what they were saying, I honestly was a bit skeptical because I was used to the old thinking that you needed a fairly high stall to spool that turbo, especially if you didn't have the smaller Garrett .63. Good to see an example of someone getting it done. Thanks.
Get in touch with Dave, he will set you up with what you need. I’m looking to go 9s this year. My 10.27 was only my second pass with Dave’s converter. There is more in my combo.