Husek 3021 converter experience.

V6POWER

Anyone with a combo like mine running this tc? If so, any track time with it and how do you like it? Lock or non-lock? Thanks.

Wow, 131 views and no comments.

I haven't driven on mine yet so no comment, but this post was a convincing one for me.

IMG_2943.PNG

I run Dave's 3021 along with the trans he built for me. I run a stock bottom end, 212 roller cam, ported irons, ported intake, Precision 5857. Driving around town it feel like stock until you lay into it. It couples hard down low! Can't say whats its doing at WOT as I don't have any converter slip numbers to share.

He Jim I haven't commented because my combo really isn't like yours but I did just install Daves 3021 a couple weeks ago ( with Patrick's help!). It replaced an old vigilante of unknown age/ spec. I'm a pretty crappy driver at the track but I did go to test and tune last week and there is no doubt the car is quicker. Picked up at least 3-4 tenths et on average I'd say. Ran a best of 7.38 at 95 mph, my best for sure. It feels really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the converter really has alot of performance for our cars,strong 60fts with good coupling up top,its price point is real good and i know of a few guys that run the converters and really like them.i wont get into slip details but dave has speced a good converter that is made to work a turbo buick in the right areas and is compatable for alot of combos power ranges.

I have a 3021 lock-up that i got from Dave over the winter. I have not taken it to the track but have done a few short WOT blast and i have no complaints. It drives around town just the same as my D5 did.

I have a similar set up and i can tell it works much more efficiently than the old converter it replaced. The seat of the pants-o-meter gives it 2 thumbs way up.

Converter – Husek 3021 9.5 LU
Zero Boost RPM – 2300
1-2 shift RPM – 5500-4750
2-3 shift RPM – 5200-4650
Trap RPM – 5800
Time Slip Trap Speed – 120.14
Trap Gear – 3rd
Rear Gear – 3.42
Rear Tire – 255/60-15 MT drag radial
Car Weight - Full Weight (Never Scaled)

Would like to see more NLU numbers, very few people weighing in.

Husek 3021 LU here. No track data yet. Waiting for heads and cam to be complete. Street driving it's been great so far. Doesn't spool like my TA49 and D5 did but I think it has to do with the 6262, my tune and its need to breathe hence the heads, cam, etc. We'll see. Just haven't been able to dig into the spool up issue yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Track data from one of the locals for the 3021 comes in with a slip rate of 12.7 percent.

For the numbers I posted the slip is 12.8%. I think that is good for a LU and from I have seen posted probably the best LU converter numbers unless the converter can be locked at WOT. Some guys have posted around 5% slip numbers for the PTC NLU converters. A NLU will likely be my next converter. I would like to see some more NLU numbers.

For the numbers I posted the slip is 12.8%. I think that is good for a LU and from I have seen posted probably the best LU converter numbers unless the converter can be locked at WOT. Some guys have posted around 5% slip numbers for the PTC NLU converters. A NLU will likely be my next converter. I would like to see some more NLU numbers.
The PTC has less slip when it couples but loses torque multiplication very early in a run. Daves converter has more slip than the PTC while it is coupled but multiplies torque for ever. It doesn't have the best coupling,but much improved. Add the torque multiplication and you will feel the difference over other 9.5 inch converters.

I run Dave’s 3521 nl converter. My combo is in my signature. 10.27 @ 133mph ,weighs with me in it 3850. Dave’s converter flat out works. I picked up about 4 tenths and 7mph over a original 9 inch art carr converter 16930. Dave’s sells lockup and non lock up of the 3021.

I run Dave’s 3521 nl converter. My combo is in my signature. 10.27 @ 133mph ,weighs with me in it 3850. Dave’s converter flat out works. I picked up about 4 tenths and 7mph over a original 9 inch art carr converter 16930. Dave’s sells lockup and non lock up of the 3021.
Don't mean to hijack this thread but may I ask what exhaust housing you're using on the TE45A to run those times and what stall?

He Jim I haven't commented because my combo really isn't like yours but I did just install Daves 3021 a couple weeks ago ( with Patrick's help!). It replaced an old vigilante of unknown age/ spec. I'm a pretty crappy driver at the track but I did go to test and tune last week and there is no doubt the car is quicker. Picked up at least 3-4 tenths et on average I'd say. Ran a best of 7.38 at 95 mph, my best for sure. It feels really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charles it sounds like your are getting ready for the TB.com Nationals. Ru still gona run THS this year.

Haulz A