Hydraboost or Powermaster ?

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
I have an 85 GN that seems to have a Powermaster system. I was looking at the diagram on gnttype....

I have NO lines going to my power steering and the diagram matches my system perfectly.

Am I supposed to have one in my car ? I thought all pre-86 cars had the Hydraboost system .......

I cant bleed the brakes to the rear so I think my proportioning valve is shot.

Could it be something else ????

i have seen where some late 85's have powermaster instead of hydroboost...

mine had hydroboost and now has vacuum brakes.

i have never had good pressure to the rear and i've replaced ebery thing but the proportioning valve so it has to be that on mine possibly yours too.

Thanks Red

I'm definitely giving a serious thought to a vac brake conversion. Prob if I got all I need its a day job....

Prolly gotta replace the porportioning valve also...line out of it to rear is off and I still get zero outta it.

My '85 has a PowerMaster setup as well.

I will be converting to vaccum brakes as soon as the car is running. :)

My 85 has the hydroboost setup...As long as the power steering belt is tight, I've got plenty o'stopping power!!! :D :D :D

Oh yeah, another good thing is if you need to replace the master cylinder on the hydroboost setup, it's only like $30 and no stinking $200 pressure switches, $100 accumulators, $150 electric motors, etc...Geez!!! :eek:

GM had an update on the proprtioning valve long ago. Most owners didn't even know about the update. Canada made it a mandatory upgrade. Check www.gnttype.org.