You can type here any text you want

Hydraulic Booster pump and motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stugots

I just replaced mine with a rebuilt.Was wondering before i turn the key on are there any precautions i need to take?I still have to bleed the lines, but do you prime the pump at all?

Are you talking about the PowerMaster pump/motor?
If so, just don't let it run more than 20 seconds at any given time.
If it doesn't begin pumping immediately, crack the pressure line loose at the cylinder (under the acc ball) and let the motor run for a moment and that should prime it.
Pump it down and then do it again to bleed air out of it before you use it for driving.

If you are talking about the Powersteering pump. No. Just start the motor and run the steering wheel back and forth a few times until it shuts up.

HTH.

Hey thanks i was talking about the poweremaster pump/motor.So do i need to bleed the brakes if i crack the line under the accumulator and pump the pedal?

The high pressure side is pumped up by the motor running when you turn on the ignition key. It is pumped down by pressing the pedal about 10 times with the key off. You are filling and draining the accumulator ball by doing this. I call it cycling the accumulator.
The motor should start running the moment you turn on the key and it will suck the fluid out of the p/s of the bowl. If it doesn't start doing this within a moment, that is when you would need to crack this fitting loose. Tighten it back as soon as the motor starts sucking fluid.
The high pressure side is not bled as you would typically think. What you are thinking of is for bleeding at the wheels (pump bleeding). Cycle the acc a couple of times and watch for frothy fluid in the p/s of the bowl. Once that frothy fluid does not appear on pump down, you are good to go.

HTH

Back