You can type here any text you want

hydro boost84 w/87 drive train

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

zues1

i have 84 ttype that im putting 87 drivetrain in i have both cars here what do i need to leave hydro boost in car and use stock 87 pump&resivour thanks

Hey bud! I would think the 84' hydroboost brakes should work fine and don't think there shouldn't be that big of a differance..

Anyone here that has done the 84' to 87' swap please chime in, You guy's would know first hand more than me.

Thanks!

Scot W.

Leave the Hydroboost
I can email you pics for the conversion it's simple to do and works great

I've done two. It's really not bad at all. Please go ahead and buy some stainless braided lines and AN fittings for the hydroboost. It's a little pricey but the factory hoses are 24 years old now! I've never messed with AN fittings before until doing the line kit. Not that bad and some good experience gained along the way. I'll be happy to take some pics and try to guide you through. I would not do the "T" brass fitting. Get a barb and have a separate return for the hydro. I can show you how. You want to do this job ONCE! You can go through Powerbrake Bob or I can recommend another source. Make darn sure that you have a good working power steering pump and a good working hydro unit (if in doubt replace it) Reman hydro units are $118 from Advance auto (lifetime replace), Cardone unit. I think Parts stores are carrying the steering pumps now. Like I said you want to do this job once or it can turn into a headache. I am also using this setup with the LS1 brake mod. Works very well. Feel free to email or keep the thread going. Michael

Conn84

How much boost are you running on the street with the alky kit? How do you like the setup? Thanks

conn84gn

hey some pics would be nice the plumbing is what im trying to sort out going from pump with resivour to hydroboost thanks(burchstallog@aol.com)

Back