You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dproberts05

I recently just finished up the install on my 86 t-type of "POWERBRAKEBOB's" hydroboost brake system and just wanted to post some pictures and observations of the system for anyone thinking about making the switch.

Overall the system is far superior to my old powermaster, more responsive braking, more predictable, and more braking power. When testing in my driveway I was able to build 15 psi using my foot with no problems. I believe it could have held more but I was just testing the system. This is nice for a bracket class that doesn't allow transbrakes. Also, the stopping distance at 50 mph or so seemed shorter and the stop was smoother. The install was straightforward and fairly simple but time consuming (Plan on dedicated at least one day on a weekend), tech. support from Bob himself was also helpful. I can't think of any problems I had with the install or bleeding the system.

As for the negatives there's the initial cost of the system, but I believe this is one of the best "modifications" I've made to my car. It is money well spent if you want safe reliable brakes. The only other thing I could point out as a negative is that with the length on the hydroboost and the master cylinder combined the power steering resevoir has to be moved. (As you can see in the pics below) This wasn't that big of a deal for me, I plan to fab up a new bracket to mount it.

In my opinion it was definately a change for the better.
Dan

Attachments

• DSCF1155.JPG
    DSCF1155.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCF1156.JPG
    DSCF1156.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCF1158.JPG
    DSCF1158.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCF1157.JPG