You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost Install Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87Turbo-TWE4

Just had my hydroboost installed and now the power steering pump makes an awful whine at all speeds and the steering wheel grinds and vibrates when I turn sharp to the right or left. I looked at the fluid in the reservoir and its starting to aerate with some bubbles. Any suggestions?

When I installed mine, I started it, turned the wheel full right then full left then straight and shut it off. Let it sit for an hour. Added fluid if needed and did it again. And waited to the next day and it ran fine, although it leaked when I got out of the driveway and I had to yank it all back out again with different parts. Did the procedure with the second set of parts and it worked fine. You will hear the PS pump when braking at idle, but it shouldn't be super loud.

It's possible a line from the power steering reservoir was pinched during installation of the brake system.

What did you use for fluid? May sound really really dumb but I had someone bring me his car becuase it was making a very loud grone when he hit the the brakes or turned the steering wheel. He used tranny fluid instead of power steering fluid.:eek:

Funny thing is, once I changed the fluid to power steering fluid, no more grones!!!!

It seems to put more of a "load" with the hydroboost and you will hear and feel a bit of vibration, but not to drastic. Check all lines and fittings, possible your PS pump is going out but seems strange to occur as you added the hydroboost.

Back