You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost question - problem?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Justa6MB

I've done a lot of reading on the subject. I installed a hydroboost system on the car and bled the m/c on the car by hooking lines from the ports up into the reservoir and pumped it as instructed till no air. Then hooked up the lines and bled the lines starting at rear ps... Pedal got firm. Took the car for a drive and the brakes felt fantastic! Didn't try to load them up hard as was concentrating on braking in new engine. Then a buddy noticed my brake lights were staying on? So I thought perhaps a switch problem. But with car not running they go off and on just fine. However with engine running you can actually push the pedal right down to the floor and it doesn't return all the way to the top. So I held the pedal to the floor an put it in gear and gave it some throttle and they are holding way better then they did with the pm system. Seems like most issues end in bleeding. Any ideas what would cause the pedal not to come to the top?

Air in the power steering system or reduced flow in the lines. Same thing happened on mine

Did you jack the front wheels up and turn the steering lock to lock until the power steering reservoir didnt have any bubbles? You might try that to "burp" the power steering part.

did bleeding solve this problem? my brake lights come on while driving and my lockup goes on and off while cruising.

What I found was the way I had the "T" installed on the return line must feed some back pressure. I just flipped a couple lines and problem solved.

That should like a switch adjustment issue?
i tried to adjust the switch to the new lower position. when the car is first started, the pedal rises to the correct higher position and pushes the switch back again. when i drive , it sits about an inch lower.

What I found was the way I had the "T" installed on the return line must feed some back pressure. I just flipped a couple lines and problem solved.
i will inspect the return and make some changes. thank you

When I first plumbed it , it was "cleaner" to have the straight ports of the "T" on the lines going to the hydroboost on the top and the power steering box on the lower. Then the right angle port went into the fluid reservoir. The fluid returning from the power steering box was sending back pressure to the hydroboost. I just changed the "T" so the straight ports run from the steering box to the reservoir, and the right angle port to the hydroboost. That fixed my issue with the brake lights coming on.

Back