You can type here any text you want

hydroboost question..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

novaderrik

i found a place where i can maybe get a rebuild kit for the leaky hydroboost in my 84 T. but it only lists 1 kit with no specific applications.
so, my question is this: are all hydroboosts the same?
if so, the $69 for the complete kit to keep my original booster is a much better deal than the $150 that NAPA wants for a reman that won't be my original booster..

I say just get the reman one and be done with it. Then you dont have to worry about it. If NAPA lists it for your car, it should be the same. I know Oreilly's can get them for $139.99 plus $7 for a core.

but i'm not one to spend what amounts to an extra $70 in labor to have someone else do what i could do in my own garage for free..
i'm gonna call the place on Monday and see what they say, but figured i'd ask here first.
the money i'll save by doing it myself will pay for that set of mint doors i found for $75... and they are even the right color..

but i'm not one to spend what amounts to an extra $70 in labor to have someone else do what i could do in my own garage for free..
i'm gonna call the place on Monday and see what they say, but figured i'd ask here first.
the money i'll save by doing it myself will pay for that set of mint doors i found for $75... and they are even the right color..

I hear you! I personally would rather pay the extra money to not have to worry about it and also have a lifetime warranty!

i'd rather not have to worry about the $7 an hour worker that rebuilt that reman booster overlooking something that causes it to fail at the wrong time and make me need to use that lifetime warranty...

Back