You can type here any text you want

hydrolic to solid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
we use roller rockers with bushing and we rev the motor up to about 6000 rpm. I do not remember what kind they are but we use a 200lb spring with at least .060 clearence when the spring is fully compressed.
abe

crank oiling problems

Im having problems with burning out the crank in the 4.1 we replaced the front timing cover and and the oil pump gears and are still loosing cranks. I have lost 2 in 2 months.

Hi Greg and everyone else.

I think you might benefit from a vacuum pump. It will help keep the water/blow by out of the oil.

vac pump

What is a vac pump and how does it work and will it help with the oiling problem to the crank

lifter problems

greg;
The lifters you were talking about were 62518 not 62518-12 right. Do you have a picture of the lifters the ones that we got were 62518-12 and they are small.

A vacuum pump is use to help evacuate the crankcase .So the crankcase is not under pressure. This also helps remove extra moisture, blowby, etc.

The "-12" suffix is just the number of individual lifters that come in the box. -12 would be for the V6, -16 would be for the Buick 350. In what way are they small? We use the same diameter lifters as a smallblock Chevy. GB

lifters

The lifters are to small in the way that they bleed of oil on the way down from the high spot on the cam. The oil pressure started off real good at about 75lbs and after about 2 minutes the oil pressure went to 5 and the motor locked up. We thought it was the front cover so we went and bought a new one and used the same set up and the same thing happend 2 minutes and the motor locked up. we put the cam and lifters into a different block and saw that the lifters were alowing the oil to bleed of down through the cam.

Back