Hypertech Stage 2 chip?

BlackBeauty

Hey folks, all this time I've been thinkin' I had the Poston's 93 chip, because the previous owner of my car bought everything from Poston's. But it turns out, the original owner installed the chip waaaaaaay back in '87, it's a Hypertech Stage 2. I was wondering if anyone had any info on it, I checked the web-site, but I want to know stuff such as:
-how much timing is put in the chip
-what octane this chip was designed for
Stuff like that. The car has stock injectors and turbo and everything. Thanks for the help.

1) Take chip out of the ECM

2) Place chip on the ground

3) Put car in OD

4) Run over chip

The Hypertech stuff was nothing but the stock chip with the boost increased. I don't believe there were any other changes. I haven't looked at one in years so I could be wrong but I seem to remember that being the case.

Originally posted by JayC
1) Take chip out of the ECM

2) Place chip on the ground

3) Put car in OD

4) Run over chip

The Hypertech stuff was nothing but the stock chip with the boost increased. I don't believe there were any other changes. I haven't looked at one in years so I could be wrong but I seem to remember that being the case.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BlackBeauty
Hey folks, all this time I've been thinkin' I had the Poston's 93 chip, because the previous owner of my car bought everything from Poston's. But it turns out, the original owner installed the chip waaaaaaay back in '87, it's a Hypertech Stage 2. I was wondering if anyone had any info on it, I checked the web-site, but I want to know stuff such as:
-how much timing is put in the chip
-what octane this chip was designed for
Stuff like that. The car has stock injectors and turbo and everything. Thanks for the help.

22 deg. wot timing *--to much for the 93-94 oct. of today!
16-17 psi approx.
41-43 TCC Lock-up
Fan on 165-170 if I remember correctly?
Everything else stock, fuel curve etc.

JayC's correct in description of corrective action to be taken!:cool:

Although it might be fun to do a burnnnn-out over it in 1st!!!:D

Re: Re: Hypertech Stage 2 chip?

Originally posted by J. Lubrant

22 deg. wot timing *--to much for the 93-94 oct. of today!
41-43 TCC Lock-up
Would the too high timing cause me to knock? Cause I am still getting detonation at 10psi occasionally.:(
I will look into RA 93 chips. I don't have a spare right now (not even the original chip) so I can't send it away GNandGS, unless you have an RA 93 to trade (and a little $ for you).
Oh yeah, and what does it mean when the convertor locks up at a certain speed? Can someone explain the difference? Thanks.

Many cars knock with that timing so yeah, I would say its too high. Lotsa folks liked the RA93 so thats not a bad way to go IMO.

If you were closer I would make you something but Ive given up on "distance chippin" as there always seems to be some issue - the last issue was an intermittant bad keyboard causing all sorts of goofy chip burns. :eek:

Not sure what you are asking on the TCC, but its basically a solenoid that can be "energized" via a setting in the chip. One can do it in HEX or with an editor - See pic!

Shawn

Attachments

• tcclock.jpg
    tcclock.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 122
I don't know what TCC means... that's what I'm saying. What happens when the TCC locks up? Why does it lock up?

You can contact Mike Savino in Orlando. I think he still burns chips, or Cal Hartline in Melbourne, FL. But i think Cal is out of town for a couple days. Or you can post in the parts wanted section, im sure someone in Otown will have something you need.

Scott