You can type here any text you want

Hypothetical...Forged Pistons..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

artrenee10

Older...wiser...and broker...
How comfortable are you using Forged pistons over and over again...Looking at a set of TRW forged slugs but have about 20 track runs on them.....but I can get them at a solid deal.....

Just wondering........

How comfortable are you using Forged pistons over and over again...Looking at a set of TRW forged slugs but have about 20 track runs on them.....but I can get them at a solid deal.....

Just wondering........

Im assembling an engine right now with a set of JE's ive used since 98. This is the 4th engine they have been in. Probably have 60k miles and thousands of WOT blasts in the mid 20's for boost. None of them made less than 500hp.

i had a set of trw's in my old motor that were about 5 years old and many rebuilds...actaully after one freshning up i took the car for a pass and the meth connection at the map was not hooked up and did not know that at 28psi i was on straight pump gas and i ended up snapping the crank. upon taking it apart the trw's had small hit marks on all of them from the valves and on one of the pistons the skirt was chipped off..i grinded the small marks on the pistons and skirt and put back into motor and lasted a year and a ahlf going mid 10's with never a problem. i have always stated that trw's can take a hell of a beating and i now have a nice new set going into a motor im putting together for a freind

I put a used set of TRW's in my engine but they weren't ran except for break in and a bearing wiped. Got them for a song but they looked perfect.

Back