I call out the moderator,

Sure I can!!! Hmm first show me where the ban button is....

HAHAHHA Call me tomorrow so I can tell you how to do it :biggrin: My Alpine and Fosgates trump yoour old school Sony **** :biggrin:

I sold Sony in the early 90's......I got out,too many returns....the "explod" line is fitting now....

Since I started buying head units I've been buying Alpine. Never had one go bad yet, the sonys are "flashy" and all but thats about it IMO. I have a good Alpine amp that was in the T but as soon as the battery gets disconnected you have to start all over with it. Good amp but too complicated for me, just give me some knobs to turn :D

Since I started buying head units I've been buying Alpine. Never had one go bad yet, the sonys are "flashy" and all but thats about it IMO. I have a good Alpine amp that was in the T but as soon as the battery gets disconnected you have to start all over with it. Good amp but too complicated for me, just give me some knobs to turn :D

I agree 100%

Alpine will always be the best.....every manufacture will have good and bad model years ....

I agree 100%

Alpine will always be the best.....every manufacture will have good and bad model years ....

I've had all of them and the alpine might not be the flashiest (although it was from the mid 90's) but it definately lasts. The sony was the worst. The faceplate would lose contact from the unit so the display and light would disappear (although it would keep playing), and if the cd had the tiniest of scratches it would skip. It was definately the worst head unit as far as esp. My favorite is the panasonic I bought back in 99 thats now in my TR. Great display, great sound, and I could put a cd that my dog chewed on in there and it won't skip.