I dont know anymore!!

86gndave

I taught the bucking/hesitation problem was gone after changing the fuel pump.. but it came back, ive changed the fuel pump and added a new MAF sensor.. but now i seem to get the service engine.. which i'll use a scanner. But still.. other than that i don't know what to change to make this bucking/hesitation stop.. brings me down :(.

Any idea's?

Thanks..

humm, that might be the awnser to my problems.. i'll check it out the price and such and find a good deal.

Thanks.

Ummm... how 'bout at least attempting to determine the possible problem before just throwing random part$ at it? :confused: Pull the code by shorting pins A-B on the ALDL and see what code it's throwing first. Next, since you installed a new FP, check your fuel pressure. Do you have an adjustable FPR? Did you change the filter when you installed the new pump? What 'new' MAF did you install? If it's a reman., it's probably junk. I'll never figure out why people just throw parts at something and expect to hit the 'fixed it' lotto.... Some simple diagnostics go a long way....

To pull the code: Malfunction Codes Reference

Listing the mods to the car would help also...

humm, that might be the awnser to my problems.. i'll check it out the price and such and find a good deal.

Thanks.

test the coil pack first with a multimeter, very simple, you or someone you know must have one? set the meter to OHMs 20K (resistance test). Touch the leads across each tower (3 towers) should read between 10-12k OHMs for each tower, if not coil pack is on it's way out.

Is the buicking happening at WOT or light throttle?, could be a number of things wrong with it, such as bad TPS or wrong TPS settings, bad Oxygen sensor, Not enough juice to the pump if the alternator is going out, etc etc.. just like the others guy said pull the codes and see what they tell you snd go from there.

I taught the bucking/hesitation problem was gone after changing the fuel pump.. but it came back, ive changed the fuel pump and added a new MAF sensor.. but now i seem to get the service engine.. which i'll use a scanner. But still.. other than that i don't know what to change to make this bucking/hesitation stop.. brings me down :(.

Any idea's?

Thanks..

Mine was doing this exact same thing.......I pulled off the coil pack to notice 2 of the 3 bolts holding it down were loose!!!!! I simply tightened them up, making it ground properly and voila, problem solved........It literally went from running great to running bad like yours from me parking it, starting it up again 1 hr later.......that's how quickly something like this can happen.........hope you find it.

It works now, the new MAF/old maf had the wrong plug in it. I think when i changed the pipe's i putted the wrong plug inside the old maf and started to screw up. Anyways the new MAF replaced it, old one had a hole inside and was protected by duck tape.