I got a charging problem....help....

TURBOTIMMER

I bought Red's volt booster, XP plus pump, and the hotwire kit. After putting the stuff on, I took the car for a ride. As soon as it hit 10lbs of boost, the lights got dim and my alternator no longer charges. Now I'm on my 2nd alt., and it did the same thing. I've driven the car with just the volt booster on, and everything seemed to work fine. So I'm assuming that either there's something wrong with the hotwire kit, or the pump. I'm pretty sure I hooked everything up right. It's not like it's the first time I've done this to a tr. Before I test-drove the car, the voltmeter read 14.6. After I beat it, the car stalls from the battery being dead. I haven't had enough time to look at it really good. I don't normally drive it during the winter. Can anybody out there point me in the right direction? Can a bad relay in the hotwire kit cause this to happen? I checked my grounds, and everything seems to be tight. I don't even get a check engine light when it's dying. Any feedback would definitely be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tim.

I would unplug the hot wire and plug the two original wires to the fuel pump together. Next, see if the charging problem continues. If it stops, the problem is hot wire related. This is a much easier task than pulling the tank.

When you turn your key on, is the volt lite on (left side near top)? If it's not on, your charging system will not charge your battery. You'll have to loosen your speedometer case and shift until the lite lites, and tighten back up.

Success

John, thanks for your advise. It worked. Just finally got a chance to work on it the other day I did exactly what you said, and it's fixed.;)

I think john was saying to move the gauge cluster around until you get a good contact at the back, and the volt light lights up. I have had my dash off several times trying to fix this (digital dash), and still sometimes my connection is not good, but if I push in on the dash the volts shoot right back up.

In my case, I had to get the cluster out enough to get my hand behind it. Then, I pried the curcuitboard out with my fingers just enough to get a better contact. Then I pushed the cluster back in tight.

Bada bing!!!!