You can type here any text you want

I H8 Bikes!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
Hey,

After getting my street/strip tires mounted to day, I was out cruising with the girlfriend. The car was launching INSANE compared to those 235-60s before. It was SWEET!
Anyways, on the way home I was merging onto Rte. 1, and saw that nothing was coming. There was a blue sport-bike behind me. So I slowed down to about 25mph, and asked Steph "Wanna see a motorcycle disappear?" She laughs and I hammer it from like 20. Perfect traction, boost jumps right up to 18.5 psi. I see the biker lean over and gun it. We hit the highway WELL over the 55 mph limit, and I see he's now gaining. I was WOT, going well over the 85 mph my digital speedo reads, and he swings into the passing lane. DAMMIT!!! He shoots by at God knows how many mph, it looked like he was doing about 15-20 mph and I was standing still. He gets in front and we shut down. After a while I inched by him at 65 mph and looked over. Saw the "R1" on the tail. I gave him another thumbs-up and he nodded at my car. Friggin Yamaha YZF-R1, DAMN those things are fast when somebody knows how to drive them!!!! High-10s out of the box. I'd never been whipped like that before. But it was a blast, cool guy and all.

About 1 min after the race was decided, the Hyundai that was behind us on the enterance ramp goes winging by both of us, giving thumbs-ups. It was pretty cool!

I don't mind them on the road, but at our local track they get 5 times as many runs in as the cars! I don't think I'd race one on the street either.

dont sweat losing to a bike...thats like comparing our cars to 99% of all ricers out there....no contest
dan

Good run! Just remember, if you're going that fast and he's not passed you yet, don't stay in the gas and let him go by, shut it down!! If it takes him that long to pass a lowly car, that's his problem. I've 'beat' a couple bikes that way. ;)

I have toasted a good friend of mine several times he has a stock 99 cbr 600 not by much but I won that's a good feeling
definaty not an R 1 though

Originally posted by Weazel
High-10s out of the box. I'd never been whipped like that before. But it was a blast, cool guy and all.

Better change that to low 10's ;) The new '04's are very close if not into the 9's. 180 hp and 379 lbs. Sick.

I have an '03 SV1000 that mags have run 10.89 with. With me on it, it would probably be mid 11's, but oh well :D

Bikes are a blast...

Sorry to bring it back from the dead, but since I don't have a TR (yet), I have to live vicariously through others :D

i thought these were quicker than high 10s too, a buddy of mine runs low tens frequently with his, and i believe it is stock

my 636 does low 10s too :D.
If you think the R1 was fast, try the new ZX10R :eek:. A friend of mines did low 9s (strapped and lowered) then later did high 8s with a -2 front sprocket change ($20 mod) on his 10R.

actually the new R1 i believe does a 9.93 1/4 mile

quickest for this year even over the hayabusa and gsxr1000 which is the past 1/4 mile bike champ

i was looking to get an R1 but insurance is a killer and i dont want to simply put on PLPD... well good race... too bad we all cant keep up with a bike for that long ;)

Back