You can type here any text you want

I have only 9 months to live.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
This damn car is never gonna get fixed up. I start designing our new house soon for a hopeful ground-breaking this summer....the idea is to have the new home built by winter. I told the wife that we will NOT start construction on the new home until AFTER I have the Buick set up how I want. She understood. Sounds fine, right? Well, less than an hour ago I was informed that I only have 9 months to live. She's pregnant. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

In one year I've gone from the free-est guy in the world....traveling constantly. Moving from Seattle to Portland Maine to Nevada, etc., etc. Now I"m a licensed insurance salesman with a wife, a house payment...... (I'm happy, but this is too much at once.)

Well I only have 4.5 months :eek: Already have the house, but still building my garage too. Congrats on the baby, if you were like me it takes a good 3-4 months to get use to the idea.

James

Originally posted by bishir
Well I only have 4.5 months :eek: Already have the house, but still building my garage too. Congrats on the baby, if you were like me it takes a good 3-4 months to get use to the idea.

James
Thank you. I think it's gonna take a good 3-4 months to stop hyperventilating.;) Well, I guess this is the ultimate proof that I am a GN fanatic......I told this forum before I told anybody else. :D

Originally posted by turbot2112
congradulations, kids are awsome. esspecially if you can keep your car.:D
Thanks,yeah- there will be NO crackers or Crayons in the GN! (And if you poop yourself, you're walking home.....assuming you can do that.:D )

Yep, I have 5 months and counting....

Sold my Ford Lightning but kept the buick. I plan to bury myself in that car :D

And I am still not used to the idea that soon, there will be a third person living in my house. Very strange :D

Congrats!:D

Rich

Congratulations on the baby!

I used to think the same thing. Turns out that you have 9 months until you START living! Nothing better. Cars are fun but will seem very insignificant once the baby is here. Never thought I'd feel that way, then came my two angels. And it is so cool to hear my oldest (now 3 yrs old) say "Daddy, lets go work on the street rod!"

Again, congratulations to you and your wife.

You guys are awesome. Thanks....and congratulations to everyone in on this thread has or will have a little monster(s) of their own.

Is there a car seat equivalent of a safety harness belts?;)

I thought that I had nine months to go too but the little tyke decided to come 2 months early, on Thanksgiving this year.

Her origional due date isn't until this Sunday so she is still on negative time:)

Kids are really cool and yes, I got to keep the car.

Mark F. 87 GN 11.9 @ 115

Re: Congratulations on the baby!

Originally posted by SinistrV6
I used to think the same thing. Turns out that you have 9 months until you START living! Nothing better. Cars are fun but will seem very insignificant once the baby is here. Never thought I'd feel that way, then came my two angels. And it is so cool to hear my oldest (now 3 yrs old) say "Daddy, lets go work on the street rod!"

Again, congratulations to you and your wife.

EXACTLY what I was going to say. :D

That really is a lot of life change in a short period of time, I bet it does seem dizzying. However, it's all for the best. The baby-care thing is not nearly as difficult as people make it out to be.

You'll have less time for the things you enjoy, but it will be replaced with new things that enrich your life like you won't believe. AND when you do get to the car or whatever, you'll enjoy it 100% more than before. It's a win/win situation.
You also get to brainwash the next generation into being a car guy/girl. Start young. ;)

Congrats to all the new and upcoming Dads!

Re: Re: Congratulations on the baby!

Originally posted by GN One Day...
EXACTLY what I was going to say. :D

That really is a lot of life change in a short period of time, I bet it does seem dizzying. However, it's all for the best. The baby-care thing is not nearly as difficult as people make it out to be.

You'll have less time for the things you enjoy, but it will be replaced with new things that enrich your life like you won't believe. AND when you do get to the car or whatever, you'll enjoy it 100% more than before. It's a win/win situation.
You also get to brainwash the next generation into being a car guy/girl. Start young. ;)

Congrats to all the new and upcoming Dads!
Brainwash, indeed! A new member of the Buick army is close at hand!

There ain't nothing better than when my 5 year old, (girl), says, "spin the tires daddy" when we are riding in the Buick......:) Kids are great, you get to go in toy stores again, but with an excuss now!

Congrats....and keep one thing in mind, after the baby, another one can be produced almost immediately! I've got 3, ages 6, 7, and 8......:eek:

Congrats! My buddy has a car seat in his Chevelle with the simpson harnesses on it. Not sure where he got it, but they are available. Would look cool in the GN!

I too would be a little overwhelmed. My best friend had a baby boy (Well, his wife did), and I play with him whenever I go over there. He's a riot! Makes me warm up to the idea of having one of my own. Think of all the bad things in this world, and all your stresses, and then think, he doesn't know anything about it. They are so innocent, its great. Think how rewarding it will be that you'll be bringing up a human being that will actually contribute, and not be a drain on society. I bet you're more proud of that baby than your GN! Good luck, and again, congrats!

I guess I've been dead for 4yrs now and just haven't noticed:D
First one's not too bad, if you have multiple in a short period of time then your free time is over:( I have a 2 &4yr old and if I would do it again I'd wait atleast another yr in between.
Get the car seat in the GN and take him/her home in style from the hospital;)

Originally posted by CHARGED
I guess I've been dead for 4yrs now and just haven't noticed:D
First one's not too bad, if you have multiple in a short period of time then your free time is over:( I have a 2 &4yr old and if I would do it again I'd wait atleast another yr in between.
Get the car seat in the GN and take him/her home in style from the hospital;)
See, that makes it even more fun....'The first car you ever rode in was a GN.' That's freakin' cool!

Oh I forgot to tell ya! Hormones will mess up your woman! I was warned and didn't heed the warning and have paid the price. Be Carefulllllllllllllllllll.....

Back