I have questions!

65malibuss

I'm in the process of installing a Turbo Buick drivetrain into my 96 Impala SS and I have a few questions for anyone who has already performed a swap.

1. Is there a way I can adapt the existing quick disconnect fuel lines in my Impala to the fuel lines that are connected to the Buick fuel rail?

2. I was considering using a Holley Commander 950 Pro engine management system. Is anyone using this system with a Buick 3.8L turbo engine? If so, is it necessary to use a different cam or crank sensor or coil? Or will it not work at all with this engine?

3. Will the Caspers VSS signal sender thing work with the stock Impala speedometer? Or if I put the Buick gauge cluster in my trunk and hookup the speedometer cable and VSS unit and send the output from that to my Impala speedometer will that work?

4. Will the stock Impala tachometer function properly if it is connected to the tach signal from the Buick ignition module?

That's all I can think of now. Thanks for any advice anyone has.

As fas as the fuel lines contact John Butler. I have his card around here somewhere. I will look for it tommorrow. He can at least help with the lines. He fabricated fittings for mine as I used braided line and needed something to adapt the stock fuel pump assembly to the AN fittings and the fuel rail fittings to the AN fittings.
You may find his info doing a search on here if you can't wait for me to find the card.

I would worry if the fuel pressure would be too great for the lines, but I don't know. What do the SS guys with superchargers do?

Try contacting Caspers about the wiring, vss and stuff. Try his website. I think he goes by GNVENOM on here.

1. I don't know of any adapters to take the metric fittings and adapt them directly to the quick disconnects on the car.

2.I don't think the Holley system has the capability to fire the coils, would have to run a distributor to make it work. I wouldn't recommend a 950 controller for not only that reason but you're limited to hi impedance injectors, no knock sensor, not enough control of injectors to make big(ger) injectors idle right, etc, etc. A stock-modified ECM is a much better setup, and there are other systems that are leaps and bounds better for this application than the 950.

3. I don't think the Casper's VSS will send the correct pulse signal to the Impala speedo, you need to connect it so the ECM gets it's signal then get an adapter (don't know specifics never done one:confused: ) ) to make the car happy. This is assuming you are using the 200r4 as the stock 4l60E doesn't have any speedo provisions.

4. The stock tach will not read properly without an adapter or recalibration.

Hope this helps, good luck and send some pic's.